A Wedding in December: A Christmas Romance…

A Wedding in December: A Christmas Romance (edition 2019)

by Sarah Morgan (Author)

In the snowy perfection of Aspen, the White family gathers for youngest daughter Rosie's whirlwind Christmas wedding. First to arrive are the bride's parents, Maggie and Nick. Their daughter's marriage is a milestone they are determined to celebrate wholeheartedly, but they are hiding a huge secret about their own: they are on the brink of divorce. After living apart for the last six months, the last thing they need is to be trapped together in an irresistibly romantic winter wonderland. Rosie's older sister, Katie, is also dreading the wedding. Worried that impulsive, sweet-hearted Rosie is making a mistake, Katie is determined to save her sister from herself! If only the irritatingly good-looking best man, Jordan, would stop interfering with her plans... Bride-to-be Rosie loves her fiancé but is having serious second thoughts. Except everyone has arrived--how can she tell them she's not sure? As the big day gets closer, and emotions run even higher, this is one White family Christmas none of them will ever forget!… (more)
Member:tellen81
Title:A Wedding in December: A Christmas Romance
Authors:Sarah Morgan (Author)
Info:HQN (2019), Edition: Original, 368 pages
Rating:**

A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan

A sweet and wonderful family story.

About the love and life of 3 women who deal with their own issues and finding what they wanted in their life.

The characters are relatable, the questions they have for themselves is something we asked ourselves.

I enjoy it. The place sounds wonderful, a treehouse sounds fun! ( )
  ilnsgr | Aug 9, 2020 |
Set against the backdrop of breathtaking Aspen, A Wedding in December by Sarah Morgan is a marvelous Christmas romance.

Twenty-two year old Rosie White surprises her family with her announcement she is marrying Dan Reynolds on Christmas Eve in Aspen. She has a history of being a little flighty and impulsive but her time away from her family and Dan have helped her grow more self-confident. Unfortunately, her older sister Katie makes Rosie doubt her decision. Yet when Rosie is with Dan, she knows she is making the right choice and besides, her long married parents, Maggie and Nick, are proof that whirlwind romances can result in a happy, successful marriage. But will Katie's negativity, unexpected revelations about her parents and lack of communication ruin Rosie's chance for her happily ever after with Dan?

Maggie and Nick are not in a good place when they fly from England to Colorado for Rosie's nuptials. Maggie is concerned her daughter is rushing into marriage but Nick trusts Rosie's judgments. He also believes he and Maggie should tell their children they are planning to divorce. But Maggie does not want to put a damper on the upcoming festivities so she convinces him to pretend they are treating the trip as their second honeymoon. Will their pretend honeymoon reignite their love and passion for one another?

Katie is having second thoughts about her career following a terrifying incident at work. She has not revealed anything about her problems to her family and she has no intention of telling them. Ignoring her own troubles, Katie concentrates on proving to Rosie that marrying Dan is a huge mistake. Will she uncover proof that Dan is hiding something that could hurt her sister after the wedding?

A Wedding in December is a multi-generational novel that is heartfelt and endearing. Rosie is a wonderful young woman who is ready for her parents and sister to recognize she is a capable adult. Dan is a terrific man who patiently puts up with his future sister in law's shenanigans. Katie is rather irritating as she tries to convince Rosie she is making a mistake marrying Dan. Nick and Maggie lost their way as a couple as she focused on their daughters and he concentrated on his career. Despite Katie's heavy-handed inference, this delightful holiday romance comes to a sigh-worthy conclusion.

Old and new fans of Sarah Morgan are sure to love this exquisite novel.
  kbranfield | Feb 3, 2020 |
I received this book for free from the publisher (Harlequin) as part of their bookstagram publicity campaign.

I’ve read one other Sarah Morgan book and loved it so I was really looking forward to reading this one. However, I didn’t love this book as much as I thought I would.

My main issue was the amount of inner dialogue. In the beginning of the book, so much time was spent just on the inner feelings of the 3 main characters. That could have been condensed down significantly. It wasn’t hard to grasp how the characters were feeling, so a lot of the inner dialogue felt repetitive and didn’t do much to advance the story. The book fee a little bogged down by it.

The other thing I didn’t quite love was that the ending was a little anti-climatic. There was some stuff that happened off page that I wanted to see play out in the book.

As for the things I liked, I did like the setting. It will give you massive vacation envy. It truly was a winter wonderland which made it perfect to read during the holiday season.

I also liked that one of the storylines focused on the parents’ romantic relationship. That was refreshing to see. You don’t often see older couples in romance novels.

Overall, this book didn’t quite meet my expectations, but it was still enjoyable. ( )
  oddandbookish | Dec 31, 2019 |
Rosie is about to be married...but she is having second thoughts...BIG TIME! Katie, her sister, is determined Rosie is making a mistake...and boy is she planning on proving it. Maggie, their mom, is hiding her own big secret.
Sarah Morgan always creates the best characters with the best quips and funny interactions. This book made me laugh out loud in places. Not only is it funny...it is heartfelt and inspiring. And the setting of the beautiful mountains of Colorado is amazing. I felt like I was right there enjoying the scenery.
This is a perfect, fun romance for any season. But, the setting of Christmas and family wedding just puts the perfect spin on a great story.
I received this novel from the publisher for a honest review. ( )
  fredreeca | Dec 15, 2019 |
This is a charming and sweet holiday read. The location is perfect for a wedding. I may be a bit bias as I live in Colorado and Aspen is only a few hours away from me. While I did not have a winter wedding, I almost did have one.

Back to the story. Jordan was right when he said that Rosie shared the same mannerisms as a Cocker Spaniel or a Labrador and Katie was a Rottweiler. He did not mean this in a bad way but just stating facts. Katie was too uptight. She needed to loosen up and Jordan was that guy to help her find love.

While, Rosie may have got the ball rolling with her upcoming wedding and getting everyone together; I liked her parents story. They showed that love can be everlasting with good communication and bottles of champagne. Just ask Maggie.

This story is told from the points of view of Rosie, Katie, and Maggie. Their relationships span from upcoming new beginnings, to discovering love, and second chances. As much as I did like this book, I did find a bit of a barrier with the emotional connection towards the characters. It was like I was reading the story but not fully embracing everyone's stories. ( )
  Cherylk | Nov 30, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,521,314 books! | Top bar: Always visible