Amish Front Porch Stories: 18 Short Tales of Simple Faith and Wisdom

by Wanda E. Brunstetter

"Amish Country is known for an atmosphere of peace and quiet, perfect for front-porch sitting with a good book. Join New York Times bestselling author Wanda E. Brunstetter, her daughter-in-law, and granddaughter, as they share 18 heartwarming stories from Amish Country. These fictional short stories include journeys we can all relate to as we seek how to live led by love, joy, peace, patience, and other Fruits of the Spirit. Meet Anna, who struggles to show love to a cantankerous neighbor; Laura, who endures infertility; Nora, whose pride threatens to consume her life; and other women who walk in their faith each day"--… (more)

Amish communities are known for having an atmosphere of peace and quiet. These fictional short stories include journeys we can all relate to as we seek how to live with love, joy, peace, patience and other fruits of the spirit.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 3, 2021 |
If you are looking for stories that captures encouragement, forgiveness, hope and unconditional love, look no further. Each story is unique and flows so gracefully that you feel a sense of peace as you read them. It is easy to picture yourself sitting on the front porch with Amish neighbors and friends as you share your struggles and accomplishments.

The stories are short but so relaxing to read. It was hard to pick out one story over others that I liked. Each one had different topics but you can easily relate to them. I loved how the stories help readers understand that the Amish have similar problems like us. Sometimes we can think that the Amish are different and in some ways they are. When it comes to matters of the heart, we all go through similar feeling and realize that God needs to be a part of our lives to help us get past the mountains that block us from our faith.

I love that the chapters are divided into topics like peace, love, joy and other very familiar subjects related to the Fruits of the Spirit. I loved how the stories helped me see where I am struggling and it encourages me to seek God more. This book is one that should be placed on your bookshelf to read again when you need an encouraging word. I felt like I walked away with a renewed sense of purpose and peace knowing that God is right there to lift me up.

I received a copy of this book from the authors. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Nov 29, 2019 |
'But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.' Galatians 5:22-23 NIV

The cover of this book suggests front-porch sitting and visiting with friends and that is just what this book is about. Fictional friends, family, and neighbors are given the chance to help others by listening, sharing advice, and offering help and support as they try to live by the fruits of the Spirit that are mentioned in Galatians 5. Amish Front Porch Stories is a collection of eighteen heartwarming and entertaining short stories that remind readers of the special Christian qualities that we all should strive to attain and maintain.

Wanda Brunstetter is known for her wholesome books about Amish life and Christian living and she has contributed ten stories to this collection, along with eight more that are written by her daughter-in-law Jean and her granddaughter Richelle. All of them feature a relevant and familiar topic: infertility, feeling overwhelmed during child-rearing years, getting along with others, loneliness, and aging are just a few mentioned but I feel sure that everyone reading this collection will find at least one story that seems to be written just for them!

This is the perfect book to have when reading time is limited and it is a must-read for fans of Amish and Christian fiction.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author and Barbour Publishing but a review was not required. These are my honest thoughts. ( )
  fcplcataloger | Nov 29, 2019 |
"If your day is hemmed in prayer, it's less likely to unravel."

The Brunstetter family is back with a touching collection of short stories, relative to women in all seasons of life.

Each story is short - easy enough to enjoy in a spare moment. The stories do not connect and can be read in any order. While the formula for each story is repeated, you do receive specific, gentle examples of how keeping steadfast in prayer and the Word will help you in your Christian walk.

Amish Front Porch Stories had all of the qualities readers enjoy in a Brunstetter book. Amish fiction fans of all ages will surely enjoy this collection!

Amish Front Porch Stories is available now. Purchase a copy at www.christianbook.com

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher and was not required to post a review. ( )
  JenGalaxy4 | Nov 24, 2019 |
Everyone of these 18 short stories was fantastic. They each taught a good lesson in just a few pages. Some of these stories made me cry and some made me laugh. I did not want to put the book down because I loved each story and all the characters. These are very inspirational. I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Nov 18, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,218,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible