How to Cure a Ghost by Fariha Róisín

How to Cure a Ghost (edition 2019)

by Fariha Róisín (Author)

A poetry compilation recounting a woman's journey from self-loathing to self-acceptance, confusion to clarity, and bitterness to forgiveness Following in the footsteps of such category killers as Milk and Honey and Whiskey Words & a Shovel I, Fariha Ro´isi´n's poetry book is a collection of her thoughts as a young, queer, Muslim femme navigating the difficulties of her intersectionality. Simultaneously, this compilation unpacks the contentious relationship that exists between Ro´isi´n and her mother, her platonic and romantic heartbreaks, and the cognitive dissonance felt as a result of being so divided among her broad spectrum of identities.… (more)
Member:jen501
Title:How to Cure a Ghost
Authors:Fariha Róisín (Author)
Info:Harry N. Abrams (2019), Edition: Illustrated, 144 pages

Work Information

How to Cure a Ghost by Fariha Róisín

This wasn't super my jam, but I did find the forwardness of Róisín's poems to be somewhat refreshing. Róisín works heavily in the abstract which is maybe why I struggled with some of these, but I think it's still definitely worth picking up and reading, even if just to establish that you have a sense of taste in poetry (which is what I discovered reading this!) ( )
  aijmiller | Feb 3, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,369,447 books! | Top bar: Always visible