Naomi: Season One (2019)

by Brian Michael Bendis

Series: Naomi (Season 1)

She's back! Naomi returns to unravel the mysteries around herself and her powers. After joining the Justice League, our hero arrives at her home in Port Oswego to find her mentor Dee missing, and now she's determined to figure out what happened to him. But in her search for the missing Thanagarian warrior, Naomi uncovers shocking truths that will forever change her life. Guest-starring Black Adam, Superman, and the Justice League, plus the return of...Zumbado! The entire creative team (Brian Michael Bendis, David F. Walker, and Jamal Campbell) behind the critically acclaimed and Eisner Award-nominated debut series returns to answer all the questions that surround Naomi, her legacy, and her place in the DC Universe pantheon.… (more)

After trying his Superman books, I wasn't too hot about trying more of Brian Michael Bendis' DC Comics work, but this is considerably better as he, David F. Walker and Jamal Campbell introduce a new young heroine. Nice art and a fairly light tone make this a pretty good YA title.

I thought for a moment this was a reintroduction of the Milestone universe, as one character shown from the rear seemed to be sporting Static's original costume and Naomi's last name is a tribute to Dwayne McDuffie, but that just might be wishful thinking on my part. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jan 16, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Naomi (Season 1)

Belongs to Publisher Series

I haven't stopped shaking!

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,912,388 books! | Top bar: Always visible