Last Book on the Left, The: Stories of…

Last Book on the Left, The: Stories of Murder and Mayhem from History's… (edition 2020)

by Ben Kissel (Author)

"An equal parts haunting and hilarious deep-dive review of history's most notorious and cold-blooded serial killers, from the creators of the award-winning Last Podcast on the Left"--
Member:Jemalu
Title:Last Book on the Left, The: Stories of Murder and Mayhem from History's Most Notorious Serial Killers
Authors:Ben Kissel (Author)
Info:Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (2020), Edition: Illustrated, 304 pages

Work Information

The Last Book on the Left: Stories of Murder and Mayhem from History’s Most Notorious Serial Killers by Ben Kissel

I read a lot of true crime, and this book was really interesting about many serial killers and their childhoods, history of their beginnings in crime/killing. ( )
  loraineo | Feb 17, 2021 |
My review of this book can be found on my Youtube Vlog at:

Enjoy! ( )
  booklover3258 | Sep 8, 2020 |
Maybe like others who picked up this book and began reading these surreal but all too real profiles of serial killers I wondered why. It could have been just to try and understand the lowest levels of depravity these individuals attained and why.

The book is commented throughout by these characters who I know nothing about featured in a cartoon like fashion. Their commentary trended on the satirical to comical, that I soon tuned out.

The profile writing itself was concise, insightful, and well presented. Each of these evil people had the MO that seemed to slip through the cracks time and again before nailed down by authorities. Some enabled by slopping police work but often succeeded by the evil genius several possessed.

I found myself weighing who I considered the worse. And to me that goes to BTK who took such pleasure in delivering the pain and suffering. Yet he allowed to live out his life with the mercy he never spared his victims. But the ghoulish award has to go to Jeffrey Dahmer who is covered as the finale. His inhumanity was truly appalling and cannot be explained by anything that I can think of.
  knightlight777 | Aug 2, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,611,306 books! | Top bar: Always visible