The Christmas Boutique: An Elm Creek Quilts…

The Christmas Boutique: An Elm Creek Quilts Novel (The Elm Creek Quilts…

by Jennifer Chiaverini

"Just weeks before Christmas, severe wintry weather damages the church hall hosting the Christmas Boutique--an annual sale of handcrafted gifts and baked goods that supports the county food pantry. Determined to save the fundraiser, Sylvia Bergstrom Compson offers to hold the event at Elm Creek Manor, her ancestral family estate and summertime home to Elm Creek Quilt Camp ... While the Elm Creek Quilters work tirelessly to make sure the Christmas Boutique happens, it may take a holiday miracle or two to make it the smashing success they want it to be"--Publisher marketing.… (more)

The Christmas Boutique by Jennifer Chiaverini is the 21st An Elm Creek Quilts Novel. The Christmas Boutique can be read by those who are new to the series and those who have read each and every book. During the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we get to catch up with Sylvia, Sarah, Gwen, Diane, Gretchen, Anna, and Mary Beth. Learn all you need to know about Sylvia and how she established the quilting camp with Sarah’s help. Find out how Gretchen and Joe came to live at Elm Creek Manor and why Matt McClure is currently away. Mary Beth Callahan and Diane Sonnenberg are neighbors with a contemptuous history. Mary Beth dearly regrets a terrible incident and how it affected her son. Diane wants to find out who turned off the heat in the church hall at the Good Shepherd Church which led to the pipes bursting and does a little investigating. Diane is the one quilter without a finished Christmas quilt to display at the Christmas Boutique and we get to find out why. There are beautiful quilt descriptions that will have you heading to your local fabric store to sign up for classes (or just drool over the fabrics). Anna is whipping up a feast that will have your mouth watering. While I enjoyed catching up with the Elm Creek Quilters, I would have preferred a completely new full-length story (instead of reminiscing with a little bit of story tossed in). I was so disappointed when the author quit writing this series and I was tickled when I saw a new Christmas story was coming out. The Christmas Boutique is well-written with developed characters and a gorgeous locale. I love how the quilters have become a family who are supportive of one other. It is wonderful how they quickly rallied to help such a good cause. My favorite phrase from The Christmas Boutique is “We must have faith that the Lord who loves us will not abandon us.” I hope that the author will keep writing new tales for this delightful series especially since we do not know the sex of Sarah’s twins. The Christmas Boutique is an upbeat Christmas story with gorgeous quilts, mouthwatering munchies, stacks of snow, faithful friends and Christmas conviviality. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Oct 5, 2019 |
I was so excited to see this book, I loved this series, and a new book after all this time, awesome!
You will not be lost if you pick this one up for the first time, there is a lot of information offered from the past books to update you, but you will be missing out on some great addicting reads if you pass up the previous books.
We are back with some dear friends, and updated on the lives we have come to love, and now we are back at Elm Creek!
These characters come alive to me through this author, and I would love to go on a quilter’s retreat at the manor, and spend time with Sylvia, seeing as that is not possible, this is the next best thing!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher William Morrow, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Sep 29, 2019 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Jennifer Chiaverini's book The Christmas Boutique is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,839,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible