Eat More Plants : Over 100…

by Nielsen, Desiree (Author)

115,698,153 (4)1
Member:SandyAMcPherson
Title:Eat More Plants : Over 100 Anti-Inflammatory, Plant-Based Recipes for Vibrant Living
Authors:Nielsen, Desiree (Author)
Info:Penguin Canada (2019), 304 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:Non-fiction, Cooking, Vegetarian, Recipes, 2019 75-challenge

Eat More Plants : Over 100 Anti-Inflammatory, Plant-Based Recipes for Vibrant Living by Desiree Nielsen

Recently added bySandyAMcPherson

No tags.

The innovative recipes in Eat More Plants by Desiree Nielsen are really great. The author makes it easy to expand your cooking repertoire with more vegetarian options. Not that she recommends people to abandon the omnivore diet, but rather focus on variety with what the food industry now calls the edible legumes: functional foods. Nielsen has made these recipes simple to follow and what I like best, feel so do-able.

Scientifically, I don't agree with some of Nielsen's interpretation of how beneficial polyphenolics and flavonoids are to humans but I do know that, as whole foods, adding the edible pulses (chickpeas, beans, lentils, etc.) to our diet is certainly a wise move to maintain a healthy the gut microbiome. ( )
  SandyAMcPherson | Sep 11, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,086,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible