White Pumpkin Seed

by Annie Wang, Heiko Hoffmann

313,304,594 (3.5)None
Recently added bymeggyweg, Carolee888, jbergerot

No tags

This book which I bought from a free e-book site is written for young people about a girl who was born in Austraila and adopted as a baby by a childless couple in a village in the countryside of Taiwan. It reminded me of the short children's books with chapters that I used to read with my friend acr=oss the street. I would sit with her on my front porch swing with a big pile of books between us, reading for hours.

The chapters are very short but have memorable but have memorable stories like the story about a boy who got bite by a dangerous snake, the 10 pace snake. The name was because if a man was bite by that snake, he could only walk 10 paces and he would die.

Most of the stories took place in 1978 on her parents geese farm of 10,000 geese.The story of The Pigeon Contest which told the story of why she an Australian baby came to be adopted by the Taiwanese couple. There are tales of the child abuse that her childroom friend endured to the great moments of happiness living on Taiwan. ( )
  Carolee888 | Aug 19, 2020 |

Wang, Annieprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Hoffmann, Heikomain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,580,092 books! | Top bar: Always visible