Legacy of Fear by A. J. McCarthy

Legacy of Fear (edition 2019)

by A. J. McCarthy (Author)

1061,501,598 (3.4)None
Member:sewingal1
Title:Legacy of Fear
Authors:A. J. McCarthy (Author)
Info:Black Rose Writing (2019), Edition: First Printing ed., 225 pages
Rating:*****

Legacy of Fear by A. J. McCarthy

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Loved the characters and the story line. A little slow to start out but the further I got into it the harder it was to put down. Will definitely read more books by this author. ( )
  momtrimble | Jul 18, 2020 |
I really enjoyed Legacy of Fear. It kept me on my toes from the first sentence. I was enthralled with the story and I never wanted the book to end! This was my first book that I’ve read by AJ McCarthy and I was very impressed! I’m really wanting to read more by the author now! Thanks to netgalley for the book in exchange for an unbiased review! ( )
  izzybkn | May 4, 2020 |
In short, I was not a fan of this book. I haven’t read anything else by this author, but I am willing to give other books by them a chance, just this one was a miss for me. ( )
  izzybkn | Apr 6, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Disclaimer: I received this book for free from LibraryThing in return for an honest review.

Emily Burton loves her quiet life on Vancouver Island, a place where there is virtually no crime and you don't have to lock your doors. However that illusion is shattered when Emily is brutally attacked while running on the beach. They only reason she survived the attack was because an innocent bystander steps in and is murdered in her place. The police think it is a random attack until Emily finds herself being threatened and attacked again. With the protection and help of her new neighbor, Dustin, she uncovers a similar crime that occurred sixty years ago. But how does that crime connect to what is happening today? And is her new neighbor who he appears to be?

This mystery kept me guessing till the end. I did not see the murder coming. I did find the protagonist to be a little too naïve but overall I enjoy this book. ( )
  RebeccaLMello | Feb 27, 2020 |
Pretty good story. I enjoyed the setting, and the mystery. I definitely didn't see the ending coming. Fun! ( )
  MissWordNerd | Jan 14, 2020 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

A. J. McCarthy's book Legacy of Fear was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,310,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible