I Am Not Your Slave: A Memoir

3None2,993,451NoneNone
Recently added byvancouverdeb, EarlyReviewers

No tags.

No reviews

I Am Not Your Slave is the true story of a young African girl who was abducted from southwestern Africa and funneled through an extensive yet almost completely unknown human trafficking network spanning the entire African continent. As she is transported from the point of her abduction on a remote farm and channeled to her ultimate destination in Dubai, her three-year odyssey exposes the brutal horrors of a modern day middle passage. During her ordeal, Tupa encounters members of Africa's notorious gangs, terrifying witchdoctors, mysterious middlemen from China, corrupt police and border officials, Arab smugglers, and high-ranking United Nations officials. And of course, Tupa meets her fellow trafficking victims, young women and girls from around the world. Tupa's incredible experience, including her daring escape and eventual return home, sheds light on the most shocking aspects of slavery today, as well as the essential determination to be free.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

's book I Am Not Your Slave is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,838,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible