Silent Night Suspect (Love Inspired…

Silent Night Suspect (Love Inspired Suspense) (edition 2019)

by Sharee Stover (Author)

831,721,406 (4.67)None
Member:ShareeKim
Title:Silent Night Suspect (Love Inspired Suspense)
Authors:Sharee Stover (Author)
Info:Love Inspired Suspense (2019), Edition: Original, 224 pages

Silent Night Suspect (Love Inspired Suspense) by Sharee Stover

'Asia Stratton's gaze remained transfixed on the lifeless eyes staring back at her.' (p. 1)

When these are the first words that you read in a book, you can be fairly certain that you're in for a wild ride and that's exactly what Silent Night Suspect delivers. Drug cartels; car chases; being accused of a crime that you know you couldn't have committed but unable to remember the past few days; and being dependent on the man that you once loved. How much more can a girl endure? Well, apparently a whole lot more because Asia Stratton faces continued danger and uncertainty. I am usually pretty good at guessing the villian (villians) in suspense and mystery novels but Sharee Stover managed to surprise me! She threw in several unexpected twists and turns and just when I thought I had it figured out...I was proven wrong again.

Along with the excitement and hardships, we witness the re-connection between Asia and state trooper Slade Jackson as he assures her "You're not alone in this. I'm all in, no matter what it takes. I'll fight for you." (p. 95) Sweet words to hear but can the past be forgotten and is forgiveness possible?

This book has romance, faith, and lots of suspense and I will definitely be reading more of Sharee Stover's work!

I was given a copy of this book from the author and publisher but I wasn't obligated to write a positive review. These are my honest opinions. ( )
  fcplcataloger | Dec 2, 2019 |
In her sophomore release, Sharee Stover gives readers a story bursting with tension, danger, and more than one suspect. Even when I thought I had it figured out, there was a niggling suspicion about someone else (believe me, I never had it completely figured out).

There is also lots of history between Slade and Asia. They were high school sweethearts before Asia married Slade’s previous partner. The dynamic between these two is heated whether in Asia’s anger toward Slade or his attraction and determination to prove Asia’s innocence.

Clear your schedule, folks, because once you start Silent Night Suspect, you’re not going to want to put it down.

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books from publishers, publicists, and/or authors, including NetGalley. I am not required to write positive reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. ( )
  Suzie27 | Nov 14, 2019 |
Title: Silent Night Suspect
Author: Sharee Stover
Pages: 224
Year: 2019
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
What an exciting and captivating tale awaits readers in this book!
The action and adventure begin right from the first page and don’t let up until the conclusion! The main female character is Asia Stratton, a widow without a penny to her name, and her reputation is shattered too. When Asia is located, she is injured, has a gun in her hand and a dead man at her feet. What else could go wrong? Oh, just a police officer finding her in a very implicating place and situation, and it isn’t just any officer either. Asia’s history is about to meet her face to face!
Throughout the pages, Asia and her bodyguard Slade Jackson are constantly being hunted and they never seem to get ahead of the pursuers. How do the nefarious criminals always seem to be a step ahead of them and know things only a few trusted people are told? On top of this, Asia cannot figure out whether Zander was telling her the truth when she last saw him or setting her up.
I couldn’t put this exciting story down! I was constantly caught up in the action, danger, mystery and intrigue. The author does a very good job of not revealing too much information about who the bad people are or their plans so as not to ruin the story. In fact, it wasn’t till near the end that those responsible for Asia, Zander and Slade’s injuries are revealed as well as their motive.
The novel is a great and quick read. I hope the audience will grab a copy to enjoy and with the holidays right around the corner, maybe wrap a couple to give as gifts! Don’t miss the excitement in the pages of Silent Night Suspect!
Note: The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. ( )
  lamb521 | Oct 29, 2019 |

Sharee Stover is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,871,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible