The Perfect Son by Freida McFadden

The Perfect Son (original 2024; edition 2022)

by Freida McFadden (Author)

Fiction. Suspense. Thriller. "Mrs. Cass, we were hoping your son could answer a few questions about the girl who disappeared last night . . . " Erika Cass has a perfect family and a perfect life. Until the evening when two detectives show up at her front door. A high school girl has vanished from Erika's quiet suburban neighborhood. The police suspect the worst-murder. And Erika's teenage son, Liam, was the last person to see the girl alive. Erika has always sensed something dark and disturbed in her seemingly perfect older child. She wants to believe he's innocent, but as the evidence mounts, she can't deny the truth-Liam may have done the unthinkable. Now she must ask herself: How far will she go to protect her son?… (more)
Member:Rosemary1973
Title:The Perfect Son
Authors:Freida McFadden (Author)
Info:Tantor Audio (2022)
Collections:Read but unowned

Work Information

The Perfect Son by Freida McFadden (2024)

English (7)  Dutch (1)  All languages (8)
Thriller mother thinking her son is a killer ( )
  Rosemary1973 | Jun 11, 2024 |
The Perfect Son was my first foray into Freida McFadden’s work and it won’t be my last. I’m glad I randomly chose her book on Audible.

I was hooked from the start and the book flew right on by. The chapters are short so that was nice. I listened to this on audio but I have a feeling I’d rather have read it in print because I think the tension and mystery would stand out better that way.
Although I found some of the twists and turns a bit far-fetched, I enjoyed the story and I didn’t mind suspending disbelief at times. I was very entertained throughout and that’s what I look for in a book, so this one delivered. ( )
  bookworm_naida | Jun 3, 2024 |
This was another decent Freida book. Typical popcorn thriller. This was a bit predictable. The husband seemed a little too perfect. I did like the twist at the end that the son may also have killed a girl. Like he learned from his dad not to shit where you eat and kill girls that aren't close. I assumed throughout the book that it wasn't him that took Olivia. I feel like the end happened quick, where bam, in a minute, Jason the father was killed. It was good for what it was, a quick popcorn thriller that's easy to read!! ( )
  Mav-n-Libby | May 11, 2024 |
To be completely honest, I never expected to enjoy this book. As someone who typically avoids thrillers by popular authors, I was initially hesitant to dive into its pages. However, to my surprise, this book quickly captured my attention right from the second page.

The plot twists and turns were mind-blowing and kept me on the edge of my seat throughout. The unconventional storyline and portrayal of flawed parenting added an extra layer of complexity to the narrative, making it all the more gripping and heart-wrenching.

The author expertly weaves a web of suspense that keeps readers thoroughly engaged and invested in the story. Her ability to keep us guessing about the true identity of the villain only adds fuel to our insatiable desire to unravel the mystery.

It is worth mentioning that this book delves into dark themes and may contain triggering elements for some readers. Nonetheless, I highly recommend giving it a chance as its powerful storytelling will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression on you. ( )
  Alla.booklover | May 7, 2024 |
That ending was not what I was expecting, but it did clear up a LOT of questions that I had. I should have known. ( )
  libraryofemma | Apr 18, 2024 |
Hoe ver zou jij gaan om je kind te beschermen?
Voor Libby en Melanie (als altijd)
Proces-verbaal van het politieverhoor van Erika Cass:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,353,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible