Headliners (London Celebrities Book 5) by…

Headliners (London Celebrities Book 5) (edition 2020)

by Lucy Parker (Author)

1131,255,152 (4)None
Member:nmgski
Title:Headliners (London Celebrities Book 5)
Authors:Lucy Parker (Author)
Info:Carina Press (2020), Edition: Original, 400 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

Headliners by Lucy Parker

No tags.

Headliners by Lucy Parker
London Celebrities #5

Smiles and belly laughs along with warmhearted feelings visited me as I read this marvelous story. I have enjoyed every book by this author and would gladly read any she has or will ever write because they resonate with me. Excellent writing, believable characters, plots that are believable, stories I am drawn into and feel part of ~ I love this book and series and can’t wait for more.

What I liked:
* Sabrina – Wicked smart, good at her job, makes others feel good when she interviews them, put family first, professional and so much more
* Nick – wondered at first about him at first but – wicked smart, ambitious, loves family, capable, a great partner, hot, professional and so much more
* Friends to lovers is not my favorite trope but loved this one
* Nick’s family – all of them – would love for his brother Iain to find a woman to be Pippi’s stepmother
* The chemistry between Sabrina & Nick – on the set and off of it
* The depth of the story
* Everything except what I did not like…

What I did not like:
* The sabotaging of the morning show
* The...well...hmm...can’t think of anything else ;)

Did I like this book? Definitely
Would I read more by this author? Without a doubt...as soon as it comes out!

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin-Carina Press for the ARC – This is my honest review.

5 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Jan 19, 2020 |
Headliners by Lucy Parker is the fifth book in her entertaining London Celebrities series. I would suggest at a minimum read book four, The Austen Playbook before reading this one because events happen in that book that has a bearing on this one. After a family scandal tarnishes Sabrina Carlton’s prospects as a television presenter, she is dismayed to find out that she’s been transferred to a morning/breakfast show and her co-host is none other than her nemesis Nick Davenport, and they’re only there on trial, make it work or out. Nick’s career is also in jeopardy after he was caught on camera, loudly trashing the owner of the network and having to work with Sabrina is just the icing on the cake. Trying salvage their respective careers while battling rumours that they’re really a couple and dealing with a saboteur onset and a makes for delightful enemies to lovers story that I thoroughly enjoyed. I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. Medium Steam. Publishing Date January 20, 2020. #NetGalley #Headliners #LucyParker #CarinaPress #HarlequinBooks #Bookstagram #ContemporaryRomance #RomanceNovel ( )
  nmgski | Jan 14, 2020 |
I received a copy of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley.

I haven't really read this series since the first (Lainie/Richard), which I really enjoyed. I remember skimming the second and enjoying it less, and after that, I gave up. I think readers who have kept up wth the series would be at an advantage, since the first half of this novel involves a lot of repetition of the Freddy/Griff novel (not sure which instalment that was), which I will now never need to read, as I feel as if I have already done so after ploughing through this one.

I didn't really enjoy the first half of this novel, but it did pick up during the second half. I found it very slow to get going. The opening chapters concern Sabrina and Nick, TV presenters and enemies (for reasons discussed during the Freddy/Griff novel) forced to work together to present the morning show. Neither came across as particularly likeable and the novel presupposes the expectation of an elevated level of interest in the private lives of "celebrities" (ie breakfast show presenters) by the paparazzi and the public in general. Since this is very far from my personal experience of TV (I don't really watch it), the whole novel seemed like a lot of fuss over nothing. The scene in the wine cellar in France was so unexpected for me that it really took me out of the story, although I did later warm up to the idea of Sabrina and Nick.

The second half was much more successful for me, featuring adults actually leaving one another to make decisions and respecting those choices, as well as normal, mature communication. There was no big miscommunication and I believed in the happy ending. The breakfast show scenes are enlivened by a villain, trying to ruin things for Sabrina and Nick: do not read this novel for the mystery, because it is not very mysterious. ( )
  pgchuis | Dec 7, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,638,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible