Wildflower Christmas: The Wildflower House…

Wildflower Christmas: The Wildflower House Series, Book 3 (A Novella) (edition 2019)

by Grace Greene (Author)

442,501,421 (4.67)None
Member:teachlz
Title:Wildflower Christmas: The Wildflower House Series, Book 3 (A Novella)
Authors:Grace Greene (Author)
Info:Kersey Creek Books (2019)
Rating:*****

Wildflower Christmas: The Wildflower House Series, Book 3 (A Novella) by Grace Greene.

No tags.

Wildflower Christmas is the third beautiful entry in The Wildflower House series. It just makes you feel so good. Sure, there is heartbreak and sadness and uncertainty, but there is also hope and happiness and fun and family, and it’s all encased in love and everyday life and just putting one foot in front of the other, seeing where it leads you.

Kara is – and always has been – a bit of an odd duck. No surprise. Her mother left and then died when Kara was young, her father did his best to raise her but he was a very private person and was dealing with his own past demons, and also died a few months ago. So Kara thinks things through very carefully (except for Seth, which I’ll get to later) and goes slowly, warily through life. Her first Christmas at Wildflower House is expected to be quiet. She will be alone and is okay with that.

But then life happens again, and she is not alone. So many things, so many people, events, expectations. She is a bit overwhelmed but learning to enjoy this new life. And I am enjoying witnessing it through this book. Kara is growing and expanding her horizons and boundaries and I love it. She was almost obsessed with having a relationship with Seth and it seemed to be setting her up for more heartbreak. But she’s moved on and is comfortable with her decisions, and there is such promise of love ahead for her.

Wildflower Christmas was a very enjoyable read. Wildflower House is beautiful and I felt I was right there as it was decorated for the holidays. The characters are full and well-developed, and the plot has enough twists and turns and surprises to keep you full engaged. I recommend this book, and this series, without hesitation. Thanks to author Grace Greene for providing a copy for my reading pleasure. All opinions are my own. ( )
  GrandmaCootie | Nov 5, 2019 |
Wildflower Christmas is a novella, and the third book in the Wildflower House series. In the prologue the author catches people who have not read books one and two up on Kara Lange's story. It made me think that those of us who have invested ourselves in Kara's story would likely have each written this prologue a little differently depending on our personal lens. As such, I'd wished I had begun my reading with chapter one.

Kara's plans for a quiet Christmas, like the ones she was used to, were quickly interrupted. A new boyfriend, coming alongside a recently discovered aunt in a search for the aunt's twin, caring for five-year-old Maddie while her grandmother recuperates, and the appearance of Victoria, a friend with whom she has had an evolving relationship, all work together to fill her December and Christmas with delightful, loving chaos. She wouldn't want it any other way. The story wraps up a lot of loose ends, and would serve well as a final book in a series, but enough is left open to give readers hope that they might encounter some of these characters in future books.

I used the word poignant to describe the first book in this series, and that word describes the series as a whole. I recommend this sweet, read, but suggest the books be read in sequence in order to get the greatest reading enjoyment. I am grateful to have received a copy of Wildflower Christmas from the author in exchange for my honest opinion. I was under no obligation to provide a positive review and received no monetary compensation.
  claudia.castenir | Nov 5, 2019 |
Note: This is the third book in The Wildflower House. You could read Wildflower Christmas as a stand-alone but i think to get maximum enjoyment from the series, you should read it in order.

I enjoyed going back to Wildflower House and spending time with Kara and her old friends that we know from previous books as well as some new friends that I hope to see in future books. This is a feel-good story. Kara has been working on renovations at wildflower house since her father bought it before he died and she plans to make it an artist's retreat and meeting place for the community. Kara has no family except for a newly discovered aunt and she decides that she will just have a quiet Christmas by herself at home. She's ok with this plan because she has hosted several events at the house and wants to rest up before renovations start again after the first of the year. Life has a way of changing even the best plans and her friends become part of her Christmas. She goes from a plans for a lonely Christmas to one filled with friendship and love and discovery. This is a wonderful novel to help readers discover the magic of the holiday. I can't wait for the next book in the series to spend more time with Kara and her friends. ( )
  susan0316 | Oct 30, 2019 |
Grace Greene, author of "Wildflower Christmas" writes a heartwarming, charming delightful, cozy and entertaining novella. This is the third book in the series, and I feel that the reader would have a greater appreciation of reading the other two books. The Genres for this novella are Fiction, Women's Fiction and Romance. The timeline for the story is in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters or events in the story. The author describes her cast of characters as helpful and kind. Some have their own set of problems to deal with.

In "Wildflower Christmas," Grace Greene discusses the importance of family, friends, neighbors, forgiveness, reconciliation, love and hope. Kate Hart still mourns the loss of her father. Kate has found her father's sister, her aunt, and is thrilled to have found some family.

After some renovations, and landscaping at Wildflower House, Kate is prepared for a quiet Christmas. Little does she know that this Christmas will bring so much more. There will be surprises. I would recommend this heartwarming and delightful novella for those readers who enjoy a Holiday story. ( )
  teachlz | Oct 20, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,140,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible