Leopard's Wrath (A Leopard Novel) by…

Leopard's Wrath (A Leopard Novel) (edition 2019)

by Christine Feehan (Author)

Series: Leopard Series (12)

"Born into a world of crime, Mitya Amurov has had a hard life, and his leopard has developed into a feral beast to protect him. It's constantly trying to claw its way to the surface, until a chance encounter with a stranger instantly calms the predator inside him. While Mitya wants Ania desperately, it's only a matter of time before his past catches up with him, and he'd rather die than put her in danger. But Ania is dealing with dangers of her own.... Considering her family's history, Ania Dover should know better than to get mixed up with a criminal like Mitya, but she just can't stay away. Something wild in her responds to his presence. A need so strong it scares her. But she's not sure she can accept what he's offering. Ania has always been an independent woman, and Mitya expects to be obeyed in all things. Even with her body calling out for his, Ania won't let anything stop her from settling a deadly score years in the making--not even the man who wants to claim her as his mate"--… (more)

3.5 of 5 stars

Listened to audio narrated well by Jim Frangione. He's a wonderful narrator.

Mitya came from the a crime family with close ties to the Bratva. His father beat him and abused him and raised him to hate everyone and be as viscious as himself. While MItya's leopard grew to become viscious they both refused to become like his father. Meeting Ania soothed both himself and his leapard.

Ania's family drives and maintains cars, her family has been systematically executed. She's a driver and a sniper and has been running the family business and taking care of her father since he was shot. She's determined to uncover who's behind her family's deaths and she's a leopard but her leopard hasn't emerged yet.

These two meet when Ania gets a flat tire on a rainy night. Mitya's leopard recognized his mate and compelled Mitya to stop and help the woman beside the road.

If you are used to Feehan's books you know the men are dominant and controlling and the women let them get away with it, caught up in sexual hunger and desire for their man and she doesn't pull any punches with the violence of the Leopard world. If you don't know Feehan book's, if you don't like those things you may not enjoy this book. I used to really enjoy Feehan's stories, she writes off the charts heated sex scenes but I kept wishing we'd get back to the story and make the sex scenes more meaningful, more is not necessarily better.

I loved that Mitya wanted to protect and care of Ania but hated that he tried to prevent her from being herself and didn't trust her enough to share more with her, until he almost lost her. She gave him everything and he kept withholding from her.

I had to re-listen to the ending because it felt incomplete, like only one part of the overall conflict had been addressed. So I have mixed feelings about the overall book, I liked it but it felt like the author let sex take over the book and the story suffered for it.

If you like my reviews I hope you will follow my blog. https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/
  wyldheartreads | Dec 14, 2020 |
Leopard's Wrath is the newest installment of the "Leopard People" series by the infamous Christine Feehan and let me tell you I just flew threw the pages of this book. The one aspect of this author is I ALWAYS can get into her books very easily and this book was no different for me. Now I will say this series, is a hit or miss for me. Out of all of her books, these are the most "pushed boundaries" books you will pick up. The alpha males in these stories can get too dark at times so that is something to be aware of. But this book it was a bit more manageable and I was prepared for it in this one. And the heroine definitely holds her own so I love seeing this element.

Our story starts off with a flat tire....our hero Mitya Amurov has lived his whole life in crime and a brutal atmosphere. Having been abused by his father since he was just a few years old. Now he is on the run with his men, working on building himself a new life away from the cruelty he has always known. But both he and his leopard will always be affected. Until he comes across a young woman with a flat tire, and for the first time his leopard is calmed and he realizes one thing....he has found his mate and he will fight and protect for her no matter the cost. Ania Dover has just about lost everything. Her family is being killed, and her father is dying and she is feeling her leopard come to life and emerging. She has met a powerful and intimidating man Mitya who sees a part of her no one ever has. But she wonders if it's the leopard "Jewel" he actually wants or the woman "Ania" he truly wants in his life and loves. But as they work out their relationships and the complexities of their life, there is a group hunting them .....will they survive the tide of their enemies?

This was such a delightful book and so INTENSE .....kept me on the edge so much in many unique ways and that is Christine Feehan for you. I swear, no other author writes a book as she does....so much heat but plenty depth and plot building. I truly loved Leopard's Wrath and it probably ranks high on the list of favorites for the series. Plus we do get to see some old favorites so that was truly lovely. The one thing I didn't expect was a plot of their enemies trying to create mistrust between them. I SO didn't see that build-up actually happening but boy it really worked for the story.

The romance between Ania and Mitya was so heartfelt at times. These two .....their relationship is pretty tense at times. And their leopards are part of the problem because well they are leopards LOL not easy to find balance between four personalities. But it is done despite some misunderstandings that occur. What we see though is how right they are for each other. I loved the strength and tenacity that Ania has and the way she handles Mitya. Now granted at times she does let her emotions get the better of her but she admits when she is wrong and I did appreciate that aspect of her character. I did feel like there were some things missing, like Mitya fully grasping and accepting Ania for who she really is. Eventually, they find the balance they need in their relationship and once that happens then its truly beautiful to see them blossom together.

"I love you so much Ania. the things you do to me, the way you make me feel are beyond description" He grabbed his chest over his heart. He meant the physical, that was so obvious, but it was so much deeper, that feeling. So overhwleming, and impossible to convey to her how she made him feel inside.

Overall I found Leopard's Wrath to be a thrilling adventure, a hot as sin sexy romance and packed with all the suspense and intense dynamics to keep you on edge and full of expectations that are satisfied!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Oct 21, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

"For Carol Cridge

Love our friendship! Thanks for the midnight (and two in the morning) conversations from your state to mine. The letters always come at exactly the right time."
Mitya Amurov stared out at the drops of rain running down the window.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,636,442 books! | Top bar: Always visible