Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle) by Amie…

Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle) (edition 2021)

by Amie Kaufman (Author)

Series: The Aurora Cycle (2)

Member:johnthelibrarian
Title:Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle)
Authors:Amie Kaufman (Author)
Info:Ember (2021), Edition: Reprint, 512 pages
Rating:***

Aurora Burning by Amie Kaufman

I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. Unfortunately, there is still always a risk of slight spoilers despite my best efforts. If you feel something in my review is a spoiler please let me know. Thank you.

The crew is in hiding and fugitives now. But despite that the continue on looking for the weapon that Auri is the trigger to. The romance between Auri and Kal is heating up even while the whole crew mourns the loss Cat.

Absolutely loved it, and that ending. Wow! I can't wait till the next book comes out and that isn't till next year. That's an insane amount of time to wait for more. The characters are so real and full of life. I hope for happy endings for everyone. But I'm afraid that may not be the case for this one.

It took me an insane amount of time to finish this considering how much I loved it. But real life has a tendency to get in the way, and lately, that has been the case. Been finish it I did and I'm sad to be done. At least until next year. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
The story was good and the narrators made it even better. However, it did not overcome the fact that some of the events were predictable and I felt that the characters were unrealistic. On the plus side it was a great adventure and the plot was fast paced. The real kill joy for me was the ending. It gives a new meaning to cliffhanger. The story just ended in the middle. Not even a little feeling of some conclusion to this phase. I doubt I will read the next book, let alone pay money for it. Truly disappointed. ( )
  purpledog | Jun 9, 2021 |
That cliffhanger ending though! ;( ( )
  madar1a | Jun 5, 2021 |
So freaking good!! But that cliffhanger has me!! I need the next book in the trilogy and I need it now! I might almost like this series better than the Illuminae Series by the same authors - but I'm not sure yet. They are both REALLY good! Aurora Burning follows the same squad fresh off the loss of their pilot in book one, Aurora Rising. They now know who the enemy is and that they are the only ones who can stop them and in the process save the galaxy. Not at all a daunting prospect for these young adults. Funny, inventive, and so unique - readers can't help but to fall in love with this quirky cast of oddballs. I won't give more of a summary than that - if you haven't read the first book in the series - DO NOT read this one. Now give me the third book already! ( )
  ecataldi | May 6, 2021 |
As I write this, I am bawling. They've done it again. They made me fall in love with all of the characters and while away all my spare time listening voraciously to this book. The misfits of Squad 312 are goals for sure!! Also, there is so much Kal and Auri!!!!! ( )
  battlearmanda | Feb 1, 2021 |

Amie Kaufmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kristoff, JayAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bowater, CharlieCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,558,927 books! | Top bar: Always visible