Finding Kindness by Deborah Underwood

Finding Kindness (edition 2019)

by Deborah Underwood (Author), Irene Chan (Illustrator)

643325,831 (4)None
Publisher Annotation: Celebrate kindness in all its many forms. This is a powerful story of community, compassion, and generosity of spirit-perfect for sharing!

This book is great because it shows children that kindness can be a much smaller act than they think, and it can be found in even the smallest, most mundane places. I think that's a great lesson for children to learn because it will encourage them to search for it everywhere and to take every opportunity, no matter how big or small, to do it. ( )
  Haleybpower | Feb 14, 2021 |
The illustrations are not in a style I love but they are fun. There are so many details and they do show a real sense of community and I did like that. I appreciate all the cats & dogs shown and all sorts of scenes that have appeal for children and grownups. The text sort of reminds me of the book A Friend is Someone Who Likes You, but I’m coming to it not for the first time as a six-year-old but someone well into adulthood and it felt a bit lacking to me. I think children will enjoy this book though and its heart is in the right place. ( )
  Lisa2013 | Dec 1, 2019 |
Simple rhyming text presents many forms of kindness; illustrations offer additional explanation. ("A cup and a card" are used to bring a ladybug from inside to outside.) A lovely book showing so many small, everyday kindnesses.

"Kindness is sometimes just taking a break
or sitting with someone who's sad,
forgiving yourself when you've made a mistake
or forgiving a friend who got mad." ( )
  JennyArch | Nov 26, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,283,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible