10 Things I Hate about Pinky by Sandhya…

10 Things I Hate about Pinky (edition 2020)

by Sandhya Menon (Author)

Series: Dimpleverse (3)

719295,933 (3.8)3
Told in two voices, Ashish's friends Pinky and Samir pretend to date during a summer at Cape Cod to achieve their individual goals--especially to get their respective mothers off their backs.
Member:BHWolves
Title:10 Things I Hate about Pinky
Authors:Sandhya Menon (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2020), 368 pages
Collections:2016 books

10 Things I Hate About Pinky by Sandhya Menon

I am so sad to report that I did not really enjoy this book. I loved the others in the series but the drama in this one was waaaaaaaaaaay too much. Yes I know it's YA. Yes I know they sometimes come with lots of drama. But this was TOO MUCH. I thought Pinky was a brat and did not deserve Samir. No real character growth and hard to connect with any of the characters. The only thing that saved this from a one star is the characters we meet in Cape Cod who help Pinky with her latest project.

Disappointing end to an otherwise fun trilogy.

Many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advance copy. ( )
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
3.5 stars. An adorable diverse contemporary about Sameer and Pinky, two polar opposite frenemies who strike a deal during a summer with Pinky's family that involves pretend dating, which eventually turns into something more. Fairly predictable but still super fluffy and cute. ( )
  agentgwnstcy | Nov 7, 2020 |
I loved this third book in the Dimple universe.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmA2ADnf9i/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet ( )
  readingbeader | Oct 29, 2020 |
It starts with a pseudo corpse on the west coast, has a brief, but seemingly disastrous pit stop in Washington, DC and then alights on an island off the coast of Massachusetts. Imagine Pinky being the irresistible force and Samir as the immovable object, then factor in her need for a fake boyfriend, his need for something to replace what the Washington debacle took away, toss in a baby possum, a not-as-perfect-as-everyone-thinks cousin, an arrogant dentist's son, arson, an attraction that starts eroding both Pinky and Samir's beliefs about themselves (and each other), then toss in family secrets and a long loved nature preserve, threatened by development and enjoy. It's a great, fun read. ( )
  sennebec | Aug 31, 2020 |

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Series: Dimpleverse #3

Pages: 368

My rating: 5/5

How does someone take a similar concept and write three novels with it belonging to the same series and somehow manage to make each of them unique conceptually and the way it touches our hearts?

SANDHYA MENON! Sandhya Menon can do that and actually, she has done it.

This was my 4th book of hers, 6th, if you add the two sweet novellas and also happens to be the final part of the Dimpleverse series.

It has really great writing with a very good pace, brilliant characters and plot. I related to the scenarios and characters so much. I've seen a few people calling it a cliché but I didn't see it at all.

Apart from the cute love story, it had passion, self-love, being driven for something other than one-self, it showed the power of what can happen when someone takes a stand and brings like minds together, it shows how communication can improve any relationship.

The most relatable thing is the love-hate relationship between Pinky and her mum and how it's been solved. A lot of Indian kids can relate to the former part and I'm lucky enough to relate the latter also.

The book is from 2 POV's, Pinky and Samir. Two complete opposites who happen to get into a situation where they fake a relationship for completely different gains. What starts with a list of '10 Things Samir hates about Pinky' slowly turns into the opposite.

Everything you expect happens. I'm not saying it's predictable. What I mean by it is if you've wanted a story where all the good things happen and all the problems are sorted, you'll be granted that wish. It's so heart warming and beautiful. Happy endings always please me. This was a happy ending multiplied by infinity.

I am rating the book a very merry 5/5 stars.

What I liked about it:

- Such relatable characters and plot
- very very emotional and I connected with the characters a lot
- Tears inducing happy love story
- Emphasis on how important Therapy is and can be
- Shows how communication can make any relationship better
- I might love my parents a tad bit more than how immensely I already did
- speaks about the importance of conserving nature and how a voice can bring a change in the community

What I did not fancy:

- Dimpleverse is over
- if you are single like me, beware, because you'll be craving for someone to love you like Samir Jha loves Pinky Kumar
- Agh! My heart! ( )
  AnrMarri | Aug 30, 2020 |
For Sandhya's Sweethearts,
the greatest street team any writer
could ever ask for!
The dead body was an especially nice touch.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,276,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible