An Amish Christmas Promise (Green Mountain…

An Amish Christmas Promise (Green Mountain Blessings) (edition 2019)

by Jo Ann Brown (Author)

522,161,164 (4)None
Member:Kris_Anderson
Title:An Amish Christmas Promise (Green Mountain Blessings)
Authors:Jo Ann Brown (Author)
Info:Love Inspired (2019), Edition: Original, 224 pages
Tags:Jo Ann Brown, Amish Fiction, Amish Romance, Green Mountain Blessings

An Amish Christmas Promise (Green Mountain Blessings) by Jo Ann Brown

An Amish Christmas Promise by Jo Ann Brown is the first installment in Green Mountain Blessings series. I enjoyed reading this touching Amish story. Carolyn Wiebe is a woman who is doing what it takes to keep her niece, Rose Ann and nephew, Kevin safe from their abusive father. Kevin and Rose Ann are active, kind children. I like that Carolyn is teaching them about God, the Bible and how to live a life of faith. Michael Miller is an Amish carpenter from Harmony Creek Hollow is not sure what he wants to do. He feels unsettled and unsure if he wishes to become baptized in the Amish faith. He had a woman break his heart and is wary of trusting another with his heart. Carolyn and the kids were doing well until the flood waters destroyed their home. They lost everything but Carolyn manages to stay upbeat and calm (she is a better person than me). Carolyn believes that God does things for a reason and that He will provide for them. There are good life lessons and messages in An Amish Christmas Promise. We get to see the devastating effects of hurricane floodwaters and how a community can come together to help each other in a time of need. We see how life can change in an instant. It was interesting to learn about Mennonite Disaster Services and Amish Helping Hands. These are wonderful organizations with thoughtful, hardworking volunteers. There are three phrases that I wanted to share from the An Amish Christmas Promise. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart” and “God is always watching over you” are two that I want to remember. The third one is “It’s not an easy task to ask others for help”. I am guilty of this because I dislike asking for assistance. An Amish Christmas Promise is a poignant story. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Dec 2, 2019 |
The author gives a story of a young woman who has given up most everything to protect her sister’s children from their abusive father, but will it be enough?
She is surviving when the unthinkable happens and they escape with their lives, losing everything, but help comes.
With the help comes a chance of rebirth, and a new life, but will things stay the same, but different, and will the danger stay away?
The read is a look at how things can change in a second, and we never know, but we also find joy in these darling children.
You need to keep turning the pages here to find out how this one turns out, and my thoughts were spinning!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Love Inspired and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Dec 1, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,162,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible