Immortal Hulk Vol. 5: Breaker Of Worlds

by Joey Bennett

Series: Immortal Hulk (Vol. 5 (21-25))

It's the final showdown - Bruce Banner versus General Fortean, a man willing to do whatever it takes to destroy the Immortal Hulk once and for all, even if it means turning himself into what he hates the most. As Shadow Base declares war on anyone with a gamma mutation, Banner has to decide what kind of Hulk he wants to be - and what kind of monster he has to become. COLLECTING: IMMORTAL HULK 21-25… (more)

Reginald Fortean forcefully asserts himself as the leader of the current version of the Hulkbusters with plan to finally bust the Hulk. There is much fighting and much body horror because this series is all about the imagery and the quipping. It sort of seems cool in the moment but quickly fades from memory. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 8, 2020 |
Wow. I'm LOVING this.

The Hulk is SO DARK now. Shaping up to be one hell of a grand villain. I mean, the whole fight against the new Abomination was great and the whole developed sequence of Banner's many personalities coming out like this is a real treat, but when push comes to shove, this whole storyline is DARK. Deliciously dark. Like chortling in a pitch black room by yourself dark.

Some great gross bits, some truly wicked nightmare bits, and enough impressions and hints to make anyone in the Marvel Universe crap their pants.

I am SO hooked. If this keeps going like it has been, I'm going to be in Hulk Heaven. Or Hell. Whatever. :) ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Immortal Hulk (Vol. 5 (21-25))
. . . in all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order . . . - Carl Jung, Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious
I want you to know I don't approve of this.
Contains material originally published in magazine form as Immortal Hulk (2018) #21-25.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,222,083 books! | Top bar: Always visible