A Light in the Attic Special Edition with 12…

A Light in the Attic Special Edition with 12 Extra Poems (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Shel Silverstein (Author)

A collection of humorous poems and drawings. This special edition contains twelve new poems.
Member:mayravelasco
Title:A Light in the Attic Special Edition with 12 Extra Poems
Authors:Shel Silverstein (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (2009), Edition: Special, 185 pages

Work Information

A Light in the Attic Special Edition with 12 New Poems by Shel Silverstein (2009)

This book of poetry and sketches is not a book to sit down and read cover to cover-- but you might! After reading a poem, I find myself reading just one more over and over. The best way to read Shel Silverstein's poems is out loud to a child.
  DaynaVH | Jul 21, 2021 |
This book contains various silly and humorous poems targeted towards kids. It utilizes a play on words, and will have children thoroughly enjoying language itself. ( )
  jrhoover | Jul 10, 2021 |
A Light in the Attic is another poetry book written by Shel Silverstein which is made up of a collection of his beautiful, silly poems. These are good to have in a classroom because they are short, simple, and sweet. The book also provides students with repetition.
  makenziearcher | Nov 15, 2020 |
I enjoyed this poetry book so much! I loved the imagination poetry inside of it and all of the quirky rhymes. This book is filled with so many poems that range in subjects and ideas. Some would say a bit morbid because of some of the controversial subjects that are brought up. My favorite poem that I got to read in this book was "Cloony the Clown". I can admit it was a bit strange for a kids poem but very entertaining and cute. The rhyming used and the wording used, flowed so well with each other. ( )
  Aruffi4 | Mar 31, 2020 |
An absolutely delightful set of poems that conjure up images of childhood and whimsical fancy. This is my first Silverstein book and I guarantee that it won't be my last. There's so much to like here and the sheer, almost musical, comedy plays itself out like a tour de force on the page. The drawings are great too. This is not a book to be missed and I feel all the better for reading it.

4.5 stars! ( )
  DanielSTJ | Aug 2, 2019 |
Please distinguish this Special Edition of Shel Silverstein's anthology, A Light in the Attic (2009; ISBNs 0061905852 & 0061905860), from the original edition (1981). The Special Edition includes twelve new poems not contained in the original anthology.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,162,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible