Illicit: A Contemporary Romance Collection…

Illicit: A Contemporary Romance Collection (edition 2019)

by Casey Hagen

Tags:arc-prerelease-version, contemporary, friends-to-lovers, romance

Illicit: A Contemporary Romance Collection by Casey Hagen

Recently added bymoxamoll, karenhulseman

No tags.

I bought this story collection when it was on pre-release sale. It hit my radar because an author whose work I've enjoyed has a story in it. It seemed like a good opportunity to read more of her stuff and get an introduction to a bunch of new authors.

Sadly, it turned out to be quite disappointing. The stories were a 3/5 at best. I just finished reading the collection and going through the titles, there's probably close to half that I could barely give you any description of the titles or characters. They didn't suck me in at all. In the end, I only finished it out of a fading sense of hope and some weird determination.

But at a certain point my judgement was probably affected by the fact that this collection was so poorly edited. Incorrect punctuation, missing punctuation, spelling errors, homophone errors, just plain wrong words - and a lot of them. I don't know whether these authors normally skip editing or if there was some rush behind getting this collection out, but either way it's terrible. There's a lack of professionalism shown that is hugely disappointing. To be fair, the stories aren't all bad and aren't all in desperate need of editing, but sadly there are more in that camp than not.

Overall, I just really can't recommend this one at all.

This review was also posted on my website: http://editrix.ca/review-18-illici…mance-collection/ ( )
  moxamoll | Dec 3, 2019 |
Review of Love You Long Time by ES Carter

I am a huge fangirl when it comes to stories from Ms. Carter. Her storytelling keep you glued to the pages as you watch her characters tumble into their happily ever after.

If you are a fan of her Love By Numbers series, you will have met Nicola in Thirteen. Well, now this virgin doctor has literally fell into the path of her often thought daydreams. Little does she know, he has the same daydreams of her.

This is a funny and touching story of finding that you do have the time to find love and look in front of you. ( )
  karenhulseman | Dec 3, 2019 |

Casey Hagen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 140,347,374 books! | Top bar: Always visible