HONOUR AMONG THIEVES by Jeffrey Archer

HONOUR AMONG THIEVES (edition 1994)

by Jeffrey Archer (Author)

The time, 1993. The place, Washington DC. Of the adversaries in the Gulf War, the sole survivor is Saddam Hussein. And Saddam is planning a revenge so diabolical that the United States will be left with no choice but to retaliate...
Member:dferdiaz
Title:HONOUR AMONG THIEVES
Authors:Jeffrey Archer (Author)
Info:HarperCollins (1994), 464 pages

Work Information

Honor Among Thieves by Jeffrey Archer

English (10)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (12)
This one is not one of the best Archer novels I have read. The plot is quite outlandish, somewhat typical of Archer. The story is fast-paced, with several nail-biting moments, but, unfortunately, not at the end where they should have been. Also, I could guess the grand twist at about midway of the book. Safe to say that I was a bit disappointed with this one... ( )
  aravind_aar | Nov 21, 2021 |
This was a pretty strong book, a little let down by the end I thought.

It covers the story of a comically evil Saddam Hussein who hires a US criminal to steal the Declaration of Independence, running parallel is story of Israel's Mossad training a female spy to assassinate Saddam, the two stories come together with a dab of romance thrown in and a romp across the Iraqi desert on an against all odds mission.

It's interesting and entertaining for the most part although I would say a little fanciful in the situations depicted, sadly one of the 'twists' towards the end made most of the book pointless and irrelevant had a single person asked one more question earlier on. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Jan 28, 2018 |
I love when I pick up a book that doesn't let me put it down. Though I did have to get a good night's sleep somewhere in the middle - apparently I'm not as young as I used to be. Great organized crime plot, mildly predictable, but satisfyingly gripping writing anyway. A great palate-cleanser from the heavier reading I've been doing. ( )
  booksofmoerman | Dec 22, 2017 |
This was a re-read for me. I first read it back in high school when the characters were current and still in power. I enjoyed the characters in this book especially the Irish forger. It was interesting reading it again know the political outcomes of the people in power at the time it was written. ( )
  LisaKramer | Apr 17, 2017 |
This was a great read - one of Archer's best. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jul 4, 2016 |
To Geoffrey and Babs

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,316,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible