dismiss

It's Not All Downhill From Here: A…

It's Not All Downhill From Here: A Novel

by Terry McMillan

182873,145 (4)None
Loretha Curry's life is full. A little crowded sometimes, but full indeed. On the eve of her sixty-eighth birthday, she has a booming beauty supply empire, a gaggle of lifelong friends, and a husband who's still got moves that surprise. True, she's carrying a few more pounds than she should be, but she's not one of those women who thinks her best days are behind her, and she's determined to prove her mother, her twin sister, and everyone else with that outdated view of aging wrong; it's not all downhill from here. But when an unexpected loss turns her world upside down, Loretha will have to summon all her strength, resourcefulness, and determination to keep on thriving, pursue joy, heal old wounds, and chart new paths. With a little help from her friends, of course.… (more)

I loved this book from front cover to back. I could relate to the older characters because I am of a certain age myself, lol. There were some parts where I felt it was a bit to clinical, but for the most part, I truly enjoyed it. The characters seem like people we know and love, and teach us valuable lessons of family, friendship, loyalty, love, and hope. It was a great reminder for me, especially with today’s current events that life is too short, you are never too old to try new things, or to start over again. I would recommend this book to everyone looking for a comfortable, “feel-good” read. ( )
  Kiera_loves_books | Mar 31, 2020 |
It's possible that the main character of this novel is friendship. Although it's Loretha's story, her struggles and triumphs all happen with the cause and effect of her close-knit relationship with a group of friends from high school. As she turns 68, her world is rocked by an unexpected event, and her friends rally around her, as she does for them. The tone of the book is so optimistic, irreverent at times, sympathetic, and realistic, that any woman "of an age" will appreciate both the plot and the good humor. ( )
  sleahey | Jan 17, 2020 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Terry McMillan's book It's Not All Downhill From Here is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 143,840,783 books! | Top bar: Always visible