Fable (Fable Duology 1) by Adrienne Young

Fable (Fable Duology 1) (edition 2021)

by Adrienne Young (Author)

Series: Fable Duology (1)

4302045,805 (4.34)1
Member:KimberleyFisher
Title:Fable (Fable Duology 1)
Authors:Adrienne Young (Author)

SLJ; PW; Kirkus
  jmorigeau | Nov 15, 2021 |
RTC ( )
  Cerestheories | Nov 8, 2021 |
This book made me want to put on boots, pants, a tunic, and sail the seven seas with a blonde haired hunk of a man standing beside me. I felt like I was actually among those characters and endured every salty spray and wave crash that they did. I also feel like this book had the most tremendous cliffhanger I have ever read in my life! ( )
  Kasey.Allen | Oct 18, 2021 |
This review was originally posted on Once Upon a ChapterI received this book for free from NetGalley, Personal Collection in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

I decided to read Fable by Adrienne Young because I really enjoyed Sky in the Deep. I didn't love The Girl the Sea Gave Back as much. When I heard Young had a new release I had to give it a shot! The title really caught my attention and I wanted to know which way I would land after reading Fable.

I really wasn't sure how Young was going to be able to pull what I thought the plot of Fable was through such a long book. At first I thought it was going to be thing A was the end goal, then I moved to thing B....then thing C.

Young lured me in to a false sense of resolution multiple times. I'm not even mad about it. Young took the best thing about Sky in the Deep which for me was immersive, descriptive, and beautiful writing and put it in the fast moving plot of Fable.

Fable is a girl looking to belong. She's not very trusting and I don't think anyone can blame her. I really loved the crew of the Marigold. They make no bones about doing what needs to be done to survive.

The rest of the cast of characters have memorable personalities. There are no excess characters. Each one has an important role to play.

The writing in Fable is what really made it shine. I felt like I could have been on that ship with Fable. I loved it and I can't wait for the sequel to come out in March!
  stephaniedloves2read | Aug 8, 2021 |
Fable is the daughter of the most powerful trader in the Narrows. Now seventeen, she has spent the last four years on Jeval -- an island notorious for thieves and little food -- doing everything she can to scrape together enough money to return to her father and get what she has earned: a place on his crew. She enlists help from West, a young trader who she has been trading pyre with for the last two years. But she soon finds West is not who he seems, and her father's enemies have grown more numerous in the last few years. To survive, she must learn to trust West and his crew.

This was my third Adrienne Young book I have read (after Sky in the Deep and The Girl the Sea Gave Back), and it was my favorite of the three. This book was really good, and so much darker than I anticipated. Fable is a tough character, and I really liked her. She was a little naive, but also tough and strong after her time on Jeval. The plot was really well-told, the other characters were really fleshed out, and the story itself was exciting. The only thing I didn't quite like was the romance -- it did feel a little sudden (though it was obvious that's where it was going) -- but overall it made sense, and I like those two characters together.

The ending left on a cliffhanger, and I can't wait to dive into the sequel!

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts are my own. ( )
  Allison_Krajewski | Apr 5, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,456,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible