Shadow Flight

by Christine Feehan

Series: Shadow Rider (5)

Behold my heart!!!!❤❤❤

I've long been waiting for this book!!! FINALLY we get Nicoletta's book! Be prepared for heart breaking memories and some rather large family reveals. There are some extremely big triggers in this book. If you're familiar with these books and the characters involved you'll have a good idea. We learn far more detail regarding what she endured before becoming a part of her new family. I never tire of the books in this series, and I'm desperately hoping there are more to come. So much action, suspense, family, heat, and all around awesomeness!! If you've not read any in this series yet, you could probably understand the goings on. However it's easier to truly get all the characters relationships to one another if you've read the others. Plus they're also pretty darned fabulous reads ( )
  txbritgal | Apr 6, 2021 |
Listened to audio narrated well by Jim Frangione. I love listening to Frangione, he has an innate sense of timing and an easy listening voice.

I've wanted Nicoletta Gomez's story since she was first introduced. She's come such a long way from the young woman who had been raped and abused by her uncles, but she still has a long way to go. She's a shadow rider like Taviano and has experimented with the shadows since she was a young girl. I love her bravery as she faces her fears and the scary aspect of being intimate with a man, when all she's ever known was abuse.

Taviano Ferraro is the last of the Ferraro's to find his partner and that's because he's been waiting for Nicoletta to grow and heal. I loved this about him. The care and consideration he gave to Nicoletta is swoon worthy, especially after knowing his own horrific past.

While this story is predominately about Nicoletta and Taviano, it also shares the current lives of the other Ferraro couples, and it introduces a possible danger to all shadow riders. This may be the last Ferraro male's story but it clearly is not the end of the Shadow Riders series as we are tantalized by the introduction of other riders from other parts of the United States as they help the Ferraro family deal with Benito and his gang who are hunting Nicoletta.

I have enjoyed Feehan's stories for many years. She has a talent for drawing you in to her characters troubles and you become their cheerleader as they work through big issues, but she has a terrible tendency for repetition to the point of annoyance and that is true for this story as well.

The sexual abuse and the violence in this book may be difficult to read for sensitive readers, however be assured that justice will be served!

If you like my reviews I hope you will follow my blog. https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/
  wyldheartreads | Dec 14, 2020 |
Yay! This story has been a long time in the making and I am just thrilled to be a part of what has been foreshadowed for so long. Shadow Flight is the fifth book in the Shadow Riders series and this book is where all the tension, sexual and otherwise, that has been developing between Nicoletta and Taviano comes to a boiling point. Not only is there a smoking hot romance between these covers but Nicoletta’s past comes back in a surprising way and I think everyone will say amen to putting her past behind her!

Nicoletta has grown since she was first introduced but between the previous book, Shadow Warrior, and this book, she matured by leaps and bounds. I was a little surprised but honestly grateful because otherwise having a serious romance would have been hard to believe. Taviano has been a very patient man but now that Nicoletta is reaching the point that she is ready to know his intentions, he is not letting anything or anyone stand in the way of his mission to prove to Nicoletta that they were made for each other. What a hot and spicy romance!

In addition to a great romance, there is plenty of action and nail-biting moments of suspense to be had in Shadow Flight. Some of the characters included in this book were downright vile and a little frightening. I liked that the family came together in a show of force, even though Taviano managed to break or bend a few of the Ferraro rules in order to keep his woman safe. Ultimately, what I enjoyed the most was what developed between Nicoletta and Taviano. I do love a good romance and Shadow Flight absolutely delivered!

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from NetGalley. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Apr 10, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,949,370 books! | Top bar: Always visible