Desolation Road

by Christine Feehan

Series: Torpedo Ink (4)

Listened to audio narrated well by Jim Frangione. He's the perfect voice for Aleksei. I always enjoy listening to his work.

Scarlet Foley is a librarian. She has secrets, special abilities and lethal skills and Absinthe knows that she is the one for him. The fact that she's a sexy librarian and brilliant is icing on the cake.
Aleksei 'Absinthe' Solokov - can compel truth from people and influence them with his gift. He was trained in a Russian camp run by sadistic pedophiles and he's made it his mission along with his brothers to go after men like them. He suffers from PTSD and guilt from his past.

I love the premise of these books, I love that Scarlet was a smart, tough woman who isn't afraid of a fight and that Absinthe loves those things about her. I hate being told these things over and over and over again. The constant repetition makes a reader feel like the author thinks her readers can't retain basic information. I also struggle with some of the BDSM portrayals. Some are realistic, but there are too many unrealistic or stereotypical scenes that make me want to just skip over them.
The flip flop from being abuse survivors and accepting of their needs to being monsters because of their current sexual needs drives me a bit crazy.

This book contains violence, abuse, rape and BDSM, sexual role play, and kitten play which may be difficult for some readers. You'll need to like your men over the top dominant and your BDSM play on the fantasy side.

If you like my reviews I hope you will follow my blog. https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/
  wyldheartreads | Dec 14, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,644,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible