Wolf Gone Wild

by Juliette Cross

Series: Stay a Spell (1)

if you liked venom you'll love this book! ( )
  VeraBkLover | Dec 18, 2021 |
Fresh and funny first-in-series take on PNR.
Full review live 1/16/20 at www.loveinpanels.com/prose/wolf-gone-wild ( )
  Cerestheories | Nov 8, 2021 |
Wolf Gone Wild is book one in Stay A Spell series by Juliette Cross. This is a brand new series by Ms. Cross and it’s different from her previous work in that it’s more light-hearted and fun. Not as intense or deep as her previous work.

Evie Savoie is a talented curse/hex breaker. She works at her sisters bar/restaurant and also her other sisters book shop. She’s a well rounded women who is full of life, but also has some insecurity’s about her art work; which her ex-boyfriend put into her head.

Mateo Cruz and his wolf side Alpha. Cruz has always had control over Alpha, but something is blocking him from shifting and now things are getting out of control. He thinks someone has cursed him. He’s a loner and a wonderful metal worker.

The Savoie sisters. We meet several of them since the witches are a close nit family. Each has their own personalities, issues, and specialties with magic. I had fun meeting the Savoie sisters and look forward to more.

As for Mateo and Evie their romance was a slow build. Evie has always been told to stay away from werewolves and Mateo has this issue with shifting, so both are hesitant at first. We slowly see them moving out of their comfort zones and as they spend time together, they form a bond, a friendship which becomes more.

The romance was just sweet. Wolf Gone Wild was an enjoyable and light-hearted read. I really enjoyed the monologue of Alpha and how he drove Cruz a little crazy with his thoughts. It add humor and a few laughs. As to why Cruz can’t shift, well that mystery surprised me. I never guessed who it was and when it was reviled; I was like really. I had no indication it was that person, so the author did a wonderful job hiding who the bad guy is.

Wolf Gone Wild is a fun, light-hearted, cute, and magical read.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Juliette Cross via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
I’m glad I stuck it out for the entire book, but there was just so much filler. The story was way longer than it needed to be. ( )
  whatsmacksaid | Jan 25, 2021 |

Juliette Cross has always been a fan favorite of mine when it comes to kick ass heroines who really knows how to pack a punch and worse than sin lead heroes who are nonetheless pantying dropping hot. So obviously when she released "Wolf Gone Wild", I couldn't wait to get my grubby little hands on it to further immerse myself in the supernatural world she was able to create filled with witches, werewolves and vampires.

If you haven't already know, the story starts off with Mateo seeking out the infamous witch Evie, pleading with her to help him get rid of a hex that prevents him shifting from man to wolf. The novel then transitions to the generic format of a whirlwind romance filled with fine ass sexual tension, oozing chemistry and a dynamic duo that you can't help but root for.

After completing the novel, it took me a bit of time to access then process the read and eureka! I was finally able to sum it all up into one simple word: decent. Yes, just decent people. What more can I say? There was absolutely no wow factor but, a big but there. I didn't completely hate it. Please don't kill me JC, I felt like this was a big fat, "it's not you, it's me" type of read for the reason it's really just me I swear because I can totally see how this could be a win for most readers. In my opinion, it could've been better and I'm downright shocked that I didn't absolutely love this since I typically do with anything the author spits out. I just couldn't form a real connection with storyline nor characters despite liking less than a handful of them.

Besides the semi mediocre plot, I will admit one of the plus sides of the read was the dashing lead Mateo and his hilarious and let's be real, down right dirty inner wolf, Alpha. Hey I like a man that knows what he wants *wink wink*. But…. And yes there's another but being thrown in, I wasn't exactly a mega fan of Evie. Eh, I could've done without her to be honest and would have more than happy to have the focus primarily on Mateo and Alpha. Sure she was optimistic, good at heart, willing to help anyone in need and holds other good attributes― a part of me kinda sorta hope she be more… mature so to speak. I don't know but I'm guessing it's maybe because I was so spoiled by the previous heroines that were so badass in the author's other works that this heroine just fell short for me. Nevertheless, me not liking her entirely didn't ruin my reading experience and I hope the next installment would be more up my alley.

So without further ado, this was still a fairly enjoyable and decent read that I will recommend to readers that are fans of the supernatural genre who are looking for a side piece of scorching hot, panty dropping and hot tempered werewolves and relatable, down to earth witches that help keep them at bay. It's definitely a novel worth checking out.

ayoshina | Oct 2, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,929,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible