Wag a Tail

by Lois Ehlert

18719115,870 (3.53)None
Assorted graduates of the Bow Wow School meet at a farmers market and a dog park, where most of them remember their obedience training.

The illustrations in this book are really cool. The illustrator uses buttons for eyes and many other details in the book.No one has a mouth or any other features . The book is like a big poem, all the pages rhyming.The book is about dogs sharing conversations trying to get to know one another while shopping at the farmers market. The farmers market is not a place for dogs and they just want to get to the dog park. Everything is going wrong at the farmers market, The dogs leashes are tied around their owners legs while other dogs are knocking things over. At the end of the book the dogs are just happy they get to the dog park where they belong to play with one another. The dogs make it a point to say they don't drool a couple times in the book but we all know dogs drool! This would be a good book to let students pick out their favorite dog throughout the book. ( )
  Gsmith0930 | Sep 10, 2017 |
dogs discussing their rules and how they act around their masters. funny book with neat illustrations.
1 book
  TUCC | Oct 31, 2016 |
This book is a fun visual book about dogs at the dog park. There are no narrations from people. Each narration is from dogs. The comments that are made are simple dog language quotas, that dogs might say to each other or to themselves. The book is fiction. The media used is material, paper, buttons and string.
  Jennifer828 | Apr 3, 2016 |
Wag a Tail (2007) by award-winning author and illustrator Lois Ehlert is a delightful story about a group of dog friends who wait patiently until they can run wild at the dog park. The illustrations are classic Ehlert, and have so much texture that I found myself touching each page, expecting to feel soft fur, rough construction paper, and smooth buttons. The endpapers in this book are wonderful too, and contribute to the short, rhythmic poem that tells this story of happy dogs.

In the classroom, I would use this as inspiration to start an art project about illustration using collage. It also has a nice beat to it, and would be a good story to introduce rhythm in poetry. K-3. ( )
  jennycheckers | Feb 27, 2013 |
I thought this was a pretty good book; it was very short and cute. The dogs are talking throughout the story with small sentences, but the pictures are a lot to look at. The pictures tell a lot about what's going on and I like that. There's even a section in the back that talks about the dogs in the book. I would suggest a discussion about how the author achieved the artwork. This can be a great book to teach about art and dogs. Students can use this book as inspiration to create something. I think it would make a fun activity. ( )
  TamaraSmith | Feb 19, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,382,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible