Moon Called: Mercy Thompson, Book 1 by…

Moon Called: Mercy Thompson, Book 1 (original 2006; edition 2009)

by Patricia Briggs (Author), Lorelei King (Narrator), Penguin Audio (Publisher)

6,5302961,058 (4.11)1 / 395
Mercy Thompson's life is not exactly normal. Her next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a VW bus for a vampire. But then, Mercy isn't exactly normal herself.
Member:PoppyM
Title:Moon Called: Mercy Thompson, Book 1
Authors:Patricia Briggs (Author)
Other authors:Lorelei King (Narrator), Penguin Audio (Publisher)
Info:Penguin Audio (2009)
Rating:*****

Moon Called by Patricia Briggs (2006)

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs (Kerian)
    Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews (mak_mohn)
    Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs (leahsimone)
    Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews (SunnySD)
    Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (asterravos)
    Kitty and the Midnight Hour by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Great urban fantasy series, first person narrated by shapeshifting female protagonists.
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (leahsimone, shadiphoenix)
    Kitty Takes a Holiday by Carrie Vaughn (amberwitch)
    Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks (Larkken)
    Larkken: Strong female protagonist becomes involved with werewolves. The werewolf packs are organized differently, but the two series deal similarly with issues of independence and also draw in other supernatural beings.
    Stray by Rachel Vincent (OmaRoses)
    OmaRoses: Both stories are hot and action packed with a young shifter heroine who is rare and thus very coveted and smothered within her pack/pride. She must battle her family to earn her independence, and fight her heart and instincts to avoid being “owned” by HOT men whom drive them crazy with lust and desire. (Stray is a bit more sensual)… (more)
    Heart of Stone by C. E. Murphy (Kassilem)
    Tinker by Wen Spencer (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Urban fantasy and gritty mechanics
    The Mystery of Grace by Charles de Lint (catfantastic)
    Pride Mates by Jennifer Ashley (deep220)
    Someplace to be Flying by Charles de Lint (MyriadBooks)
    Lonely Werewolf Girl by Martin Millar (GirlMisanthrope)
    Silver Kiss by Naomi Clark (Anonymous user)
    The Price of the Stars by Debra Doyle (mak_mohn)

English (290)  Portuguese (1)  Hungarian (1)  Piratical (1)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (295)
I reread to refresh my memory so I could finish the series.
This isn't just your average urban fantasy with a badass female hero. I have a hard time explaining why Mercy is good other than her not being annoying. I hate to admit it, but sometimes these urban fantasy heroes get annoying or boring. I don't feel that way with Mercy, which allows for my husband and I to both read these books, instead of me alone. And I still want her tattoo, sort of. ( )
  Noeshia | Oct 23, 2020 |
I'm feeling a little fatigued by creature novels right now, so my meh reaction to this one might be a little unfair. ( )
  ImperfectCJ | Oct 11, 2020 |

ayoshina | Oct 2, 2020 |
What a fun book! The world building is pretty good. The dialogue rang true. There were a few finer pieces of the plot that felt muddled, but the characters were still pretty compelling so I didn't care as much about the plot not being perfect. There was something a little over-wrought about the dénouement, but not a huge deal considering - like I said already - what a fun book this is. ( )
  Jessica_Olin | Sep 17, 2020 |
This series of books are on loan, but I'll probably buy them eventually. I like them so far!
  DanielleBates | Sep 16, 2020 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is for
Kaye’s mom, Almeda Brown Christensen, who likes my books; Alice and Bill Rieckman who like horses as much as I do; and in memory of Floyd “Buck” Buckner, a good man.
I didn't realize he was a werewolf at first.

Werewolves can be dangerous if you get in their way, but they'll leave you alone if you are careful. They are very good at hiding their natures from the human population, but I'm not human. I know them when I meet them, and they know me too.

Mercy Thompson's sexy next-door neighbour is a werewolf.

She's tinkering with a VW bus at her mechanic shop that happens to belong to a vampire.

But then, Mercy Thompson is not exactly normal herself...and her connection to the world of things that go bump in the night is about to get her into a whole lot of trouble.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,565,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible