Sweep with Me

by Ilona Andrews

A charming, short novella in the Innkeeper Chronicles, from #1 New York Times bestselling author, Ilona Andrews. Thank you for joining us at Gertrude Hunt, the nicest Bed and Breakfast in Red Deer, Texas, during the Treaty Stay. As you know, we are honor-bound to accept all guests during this oldest of innkeeper holidays and we are expecting a dangerous guest. Or several. But have no fear. Your safety and comfort is our first priority. The inn and your hosts, Dina Demille and Sean Evans, will defend you at all costs. [But we hope we don't have to.] Every winter, Innkeepers look forward to celebrating their own special holiday, which commemorates the ancient treaty that united the very first Inns and established the rules that protect them, their intergalactic guests, and the very unaware/oblivious people of [planet] Earth. By tradition, the Innkeepers welcomed three guests: a warrior, a sage, and a pilgrim, but during the holiday, Innkeepers must open their doors to anyone who seeks lodging. Anyone. All Dina hopes is that the guests and conduct themselves in a polite manner. But what's a holiday without at least one disaster?… (more)

English (14)  Dutch (1)  All languages (15)
Sweep with Me is a novella in the Innkeeper Chronicles by Ilona Andrews

This was a fun novella. The Andrews team packed, so much into this short story.

I loved seeing Diana and Sean again. Dina is upset, sad, and worried about something big, but the Inn is never quiet and some big things happened that take her mind off of all those worries. In the end Diana takes care of all her guests in true Innkeeper fashion and solidifies her standing with the Innkeeper Assembly.

Sweep with Me packs a punch. There is no shortage of creativity, action, emotions, and fun!

Rated: 4.5 Stars

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
A not too short novella to keep us on the hook while we wait for the next in the series. Sean and Dina are newly together, Sean is has become an Innkeeper along with Dina he handles the security while she handles the guests. Apparently, they have a group of "Space Chickens" who use the inn as a forum for their endless debates, while a mysterious and powerful guest checks in for an on-earth meeting with a business mogul who won't take no for an answer when he tries to come early. Lots of laughs ahead.

I do hope the next one includes everyone from the previous book (Maud, Helen, Arland, and their family) along with the ones in the main part of the series (Dina, Sean, and the usual suspects from Earth) all following up on that cliffhanger dropped on us in the last book. ( )
  Rellwood74 | Feb 18, 2021 |
I love this series and I was a bit giddy when this book arrived. As much as I loved Arland and Maud, I'm so glad we're back with Dina and Sean.

It is a special time for Innkeepers called 'Treaty Stay' that commemorates where it all began, the first agreements, etc. During this time Innkeepers welcome a warrior, a sage and a pilgrim, but these are not your every day ordinary guests and it will take all of Dina and Sean's skills to keep everyone safe.

During this time Dina and Gertrude's residents are still recovering from the impact of the previous attack, and they all must meet the needs of three very different, dangerous guests.

I loved the new aliens and the imagery was so well done they just came alive for me, the debating 'space chickens' cracked me up and that final battle gave me shivers. This novella is jamb packed with goodies, tender, sweet moments, fun and laughter, as well as danger and action, with a splash of romance, a little something for everyone. Highly recommend to fantasy/sci-fi lovers.

If you like my reviews I hope you will follow my blog. https://wyldheartreads.wordpress.com/

wyldheartreads | Dec 14, 2020 |
Too. Short! ( )
  kmmsb459 | Oct 31, 2020 |
Fun, fast read ( )
  maryzee | Sep 15, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Some moments in life you remember forever.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,158,280 books! | Top bar: Always visible