JD Robb In Death 51

Title:JD Robb In Death 51
Authors:
Info:Piatkus

Shadows in Death by J. D. Robb

Better than the last couple. Highlights are some memories of Feeney and Whitney's time working together, and a trip to Ireland to see the family. ( )
  sanyamakadi | Aug 7, 2021 |
I've read this series in the past though I am not sure I've read all of them--and I know I haven't read them in order. I suspect I've missed some because I don't remember Roarke's Ireland family who appear at the end of the book.

In this installment, we get a glimpse of Roarke's past--some of his growing up years and how he and Sommerset met. I don't quite know how Roarke found family in Ireland (probably in one of the books I didn't read).

I like the "family" idea--that all of Eve's friends consider Roarke as part of their family and are willing to put in overtime for him and put their lives on the line for him, just as they would for Eve.

WARNINGS: there are several sex scenes within the pages (so probably not appropriate for younger age readers). ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jul 16, 2021 |
As usual, J.D. Robb excels with Eve and Roarke. Amazing to see the evolution of the entire cast of characters and the depth of their universe. ( )
  FDKreader | Jul 12, 2021 |
In Death 51
  JimFellows | Mar 3, 2021 |
51 books into a series, you know what you are going to get: a crime (a woman is knifed to death this time around) in New York (in spring 2061 by now), Eve Dallas catching the crime, Roarke being there to help and the whole set of secondary characters making an appearance in way or another with someone being in a bit of a danger sooner or later. But that becomes an unusual book pretty fast - a man from Roarke's past resurfaces, the woman's death is solved quickly - except for catching the actual knife-wielder - the same main from the past, now graduated to international killer for hire. And the chase is on - from New York all the way back to Ireland, where everything started -- almost turning the series on its head at the end (especially if someone gets a certain action out of its context).

Despite the unusual twist, the book falls into the expected patterns - which is what I enjoy about this series. More doors to the past were open (both in New York and in Ireland), more good deeds were done, we even have a nightmare showing up again (not Eve this time though...).

If you had been reading the series, this one will probably suit you. If you are not - don't start with this one. It is not one of the strongest in the series but it is a good addition. The series is probably getting a bit too repetitive in places but... it feels like that old t-shirt that had moved with you probably 10 times and you still wear it because it feels like home. ( )
1 vote AnnieMod | Jan 3, 2021 |

Robb, J. D.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ericksen, SusanNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

A man from Roarke's past shows up in New York and it becomes personal.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,150,610 books! | Top bar: Always visible