Lightbringer (The Empirium Trilogy)

by Claire Legrand

702299,689 (4)1

Lightbringer by Claire Legrand is the final book in the Empirium Trilogy.

I'll say little, as it's the final book and I do not like spoilers. I had to re-read books one and two because it has been so long from reading the first two. As with the other books, each chapter changes point of view. In the first book, the points of view remain Rielle and Eliana mostly. The choices expand in book two, but by book three, there are many characters we are following. They are all in different locations requiring all the different points of view.

The final book has to bring the evil angel, Corien, down but how? The only hope is Eliana, who will have to travel back in time and try to stop the world from falling under the Emperor's control. After what happened at the end of book two, we wonder how Eliana will learn more about her power, survive, and then find a way back.

To be honest, I found the first half, if not two-thirds, of the book long. The plot advanced very little. I realize we have to feel the passage of time and see how desperate everything is in both time periods, but I still drew on my patience to get to the final part. Pulling everything together was worth the wait. I thoroughly enjoyed the ending. With that said, I also felt empty at the end. You spend so much time with your main characters that when the inevitable happens, it makes you sad. I can't say more, but the sacrifices for a better life were so cruel. Effective but unfair. It's a really interesting trilogy and I recommend for patient fantasy lovers. For those of you in middle school, there are mature sexual scenes. Remember, I don't censor anyone, but follow the rules your parents have for you. ( )
  acargile | Mar 3, 2021 |
This book was so amazing on so many levels. I couldn't put it down and was completely taken in with this thrilling conclusion to The Emperium Series by Claire Legrand.
The story is told from various characters points of view. Mainly, of course, from Rielle and Eliana. It's hard to talk about this story without giving anything away but Simon and his ability to send people through time definitely weighs heavily on the story line. You also get a much better feel for Audric in this book. Much of the story is told through his eyes as well.
What can I say. I loved the story, I was thrilled with how it wrapped up and at the same time I am devastated that the story has ended. It will always be a series that I will recommend to our young adult patrons at the library. Huge amount of gratitude to NetGalley for allowing me to read this magical tale. @clairelegrand @netgalley @SourcebooksFire ( )
  Verkruissen | Jun 11, 2020 |

Claire Legrandprimary authorall editionscalculated
Curtis, DavidCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hower, NicoleCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,190,455 books! | Top bar: Always visible