When I Was You by Minka Kent

When I Was You (edition 2020)

by Minka Kent (Author)

Collections:Your library, EBooks
Tags:Ebooks, American Writer, American Fiction, Fiction

When I Was You by Minka Kent

No tags.

After reading very mixed reviews about this book, When I Was You by Minka Kent, I became a little nervous and wondered whether I would like it. I have to honestly say that I thought it was a great read! It was fast-paced, compelling, and by the end I couldn’t get through the pages quick enough because I was eager to see how it would conclude.

With all the being said, there was a definitely a point where I became very frustrated with some of the decisions made by Brienne, the main character. Without going into too much detail for fear of giving anything away, Brienne sometimes found herself in situations that could have been easily avoided had she used some discretion. Once I was able to look past this minor flaw and move on with the story, I thought it was highly entertaining and one I’d recommend to friends. ( )
  Lindsey417 | Jan 15, 2020 |
This book tries to be something much more sinister than straightforward identity theft, but the abundant plot holes and implausibility ruined it for me.

The writing itself is engaging. I was initially intrigued by the situation, and I wanted to know more about Brienne. But we really don't learn much about her at all, aside from what's necessary for the plot.

The major twist is like a train coming at you with its horn wailing. It's easy to see coming from early on.

Pacing is slow for the first third or so. And then the twist happens, and then you have to toss belief out the window. I can't give details without spoilers, so I'll just say that Brienne's gullibility and poor decisions were the only shocking aspects of this story. ( )
  Darcia | Jan 5, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,622,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible