People of the Fire (First North Americans)…

People of the Fire (First North Americans) (edition 2005)

by W. Michael Gear (Author)

Fiction. Historical Fiction. HTML:

It is a time of fire. A small band of pioneers struggle valiantly to keep their ancestors' dreams alive in an unforgiving, drought-stricken land. Driven by the promise of an awesome vision, a heroic young dreamer and a fearless woman warrior unite to lead their people to a magnificent destiny.
A towering epic filled with tragedy and triumph, courage and conflict, People of the Fire is the second compelling novel in a majestic saga of America's first peoples.
At the Publisher's request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied.

.… (more)
Member:Lutholtz
Title:People of the Fire (First North Americans)
Authors:W. Michael Gear (Author)
Info:Tor Books (2005), Edition: New edition, 480 pages

Work Information

People of the Fire by Kathleen O'Neal Gear

English (2)  Spanish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (4)
This series is sub-titled "North America's Forgotten Past." I had previously read [People of the Wolf], which I enjoyed; albeit a bit too mystical for me. I found that this 2nd book in the series, was totally modeled after the first book, only the names were changed. This book centered around "The Wolf Bundle" which held spirit guiding qualities. I won't read anymore in this series because it's just too formulaic and too mystical. In the intro, it states that this book took place in the transition period after the last ice age, which places it at about 6000 BCE. I did not check for the accuracy of these dates because firstly, I'm not interested and secondly, I know there is much debate about the dates of the Ice Ages, and again, not interested! 452 pages ( )
  Tess_W | Apr 11, 2021 |
In the time of the Great Drought the Southwestern Deserts dry up and blow away.
Power works in the people to create those who will be needed to keep The People alive through this time of Fire.

A young boy is born, tested through life, given the choice of family or power, and warned that in the end he cannot have both....

Will he find the strength to save The People, to lead them to a new way ... or will they all perish with him? ( )
  dragonasbreath | Jan 28, 2013 |

Kathleen O'Neal Gearprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gear, Kathleen O'Nealmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gear, W. Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Gear, W. Michaelmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To
Gaydell and Roy and the rest of the Backpocket Ranch Collier Clan,
who urged us to go for it!
To Gaydell and Roy and the rest of the Backpocket Ranch Collier Clan, who urged us to go for it!
Intro:

"Jesus! ..."
"Jesus! I didn't know it would be so dusty." The blond man's shovel banged hollowly on rock as he tried to scoop it full.
"To Power, time means nothing. ... "
"What a person starts always comes back ... some how, some way."

Fiction. Historical Fiction. HTML:

In a parched and unforgiving land, a small band of pioneers struggle for the  future of a people:

• Little Dancer The young dreamer whose awesome powers would change the course of history.

• White Calf The ancient medicine woman who taught Little Dancer how to harness his Dreams.

• Elk Charm The girl who won Little Dancer's heart, but feared she would lose him to his destiny.

• Heavy Beaver The false dreamer who brutalized his people in his unquenchable thirst for power.

• Two Smokes The outcast tormented by forbidden love; his gentleness concealed an inner strength.

---------------------------------------
    FIRE DANCER

Fire filled the world, roaring like thunder mated to wind. Yellow-red, raging, it burned up from below, beating at him in loud fury. Crackling and snapping, the fire engulfed him. He blinked against the painful heat, trying to raise his arms in an effort to shield his face from the searing. the fire mocked him, walls of flame moving in retaliation, wavering this way and that in frightening dance.

"We're one." Words formed in the roaring thunder of the endless flames. "All the world is One. We're all a Dream. Be with me ... Dance with me."

He clamped his eyes shut, futiley shaking his head in denial.

"Free yourself, boy," the voice whispered. "Dance with me. Become One with me. Trust yourself. Forget your fear ..."

Enflamed by the force of a shattering prophecy, a young man summoned the power of a time of fire to forge a new hope for his people. This is the true saga of the heroic ancestors of America's nav ite peoples. This is the thrilling epic of the
    PEOPLE OF THE FIRE

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,288,917 books! | Top bar: Always visible