How to Restore Your Chevy Truck: 1947-1955

Series: Restoration How-to Series (book SA460)

1916879,610 (4.91)None
"This book provides information on how to restore 1947-1955 Chevrolet trucks, including how to replace each major component and make the frame, engine, transmission, drivetrain, electrical system, heating assembly and more like new"--

Great book for restoring your Chevy! Lot's of information and photo's. Spend an afternoon cozying up with this book for inspiration and enjoyment! ( )
  debrarbell | Dec 27, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
How to Restore your Chevy Truck 1947-1955 is another great restoration book by Deve Krehbiel. This restoration book is a unique reference to use in restoring your classic chevy truck. The graphs and photos are an invaluable source for the do it yourselfer. ( )
  parking | Jun 8, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The Car Tech book, How To Restore Your Chevy Truck, 1947-1955 by Dave Krehbiel is a must have for anyone planning to build one of the Advance Design series pickup trucks of the late ‘40s to mid ‘50s. The book touches on everything from chassis, electrical, suspension, body/paint work, rebuilding mechanical parts, to even choosing a truck to purchase for restoring. There’s a great section on building your own frame rotisserie out of engine stands as well. It is not a book on changing to modern suspensions or stuffing a V8 under the hood, but its great information on restoration. Full of great photographs throughout the book. ( )
  B.Hartman | Apr 7, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
When I get these kinds of books, my dad always gets them. He loves cars and everything to do with them. He loves reading it all. So, this was another that he was happy to get. ( )
  dndizzle | Apr 6, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
How To Restore Your Chevy Truck 1947-1955 (2020) by Deve Krehbiel. Where was this book thirty years ago when I really needed it. Back then my over-the-fence neighbor was trying to restore an early 50’s Chevy truck and he was constantly peppering me with questions. Like any good teacher (and with the Covid-19 pandemic forcing us to isolate I know a lot of parents are discovering just how hard it is to be a good teacher) I did a lot of research to get ready to field his inquiries.
How much simpler it all would have been to have had this comprehensive guide at hand. Well written and thoughtfully laid out, this is so easy to use. Deve takes through the process, from seeking your diamond in the rough, disassembly, engine rebuild, transmission work, etc. Everything including the last paint coat and the first pride gloat. And a wide selection of mostly color photos that help explain difficult sections.
This makes a nice companion to Mr. Krehbiel’s other book Chevrolet inline-6 engine 1929-1962: How To Rebuild.
Once again CarTech books has published a well designed winner. ( )
  TomDonaghey | Apr 4, 2020 |
This book provides up to date information on how to restore 1947-1955 Chevrolet trucks. It was very helpful since I have a 1947 Chevrolet panel truck. I wish I had this book when I first started I would have saved a lot of money. It will show you how to replace and improve every major component on these old trucks and make them run like new again.

This book is a must have if you are interested in old Chevrolets.
added by robert_b | editEarly Reviewers, Robert Blackwell (Mar 3, 2020)

Belongs to Series

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

's book How to Restore Your Chevy Truck: 1947-1955 was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,948,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible