Second Sight

by Sharon Sala

Series: Jigsaw Files (2)

191921,868 (4.2)None

3.5-star read

Charlie Dodge is a private investigator from Dallas, Texas. He's also former military and dealing with the fact that his wife of twenty years is lost to him due to early-onset Alzheimer's disease. Charlie's business associate/partner is Jade Wyrick, a tall, bald fashionista that has had a double mastectomy and now proudly sports an intriguing tattoo that covers her chest and part of her back. Without makeup, Wyrick (she doesn't answer to Jade), might resemble a trans-woman and she's quite used to the prejudice and bigotry associated with her looks. Oops, almost forgot to mention that Wyrick is also Mensa-certified genius, a computer programmer extraordinaire, a multi-millionaire business owner (she writes and sells computer games), a pilot, a psychic (remember that because it's important), and a good friend to have around. She's saved Charlie more times than he can count.

Dodge Security and Investigations has become quite well-known after their last case which involved finding and saving the life of a millionaire business owner from Denver. Wyrick has set up their new offices (their last office blew up...if you want to know more, read The Missing Piece), she also prioritizes possible new cases and front-and-center is a case of the missing child of a local attorney. When the woman comes into the office and provides Charlie and Wyrick with some more details and they begin their investigation, they quickly realize this is not an ordinary parental abduction case. Twelve-year-old Jordan Bien was taken by her father, Judson Bien just so he could exchange her and receive his own "bride" in a psychic cult known as the Fourth Dimension. This cult's goal is to marry psychics with psychic-offspring to breed more psychics. The only problem is that these psychic men are "marrying" children aged 12-14 against their will. The question now is even with this information and Wyrick's psychic abilities, will they be able to locate Jordan and this cult's camp and free not just Jordan but all of the kidnapped girls before something horrible happens?

For those of you that have been following me for a while now, you know that I enjoy reading romantic-suspense. I have quite a number of favorite authors and yes, Sharon Sala is one of them. Second Sight is the second book in the Jigsaw Files series and it is just as much about Charlie Dodge as it is about Jade Wyrick and their growing relationship and attraction. (The first book in this series is The Missing Piece and I strongly encourage you to read that one before you grab a copy of Second Sight to read.) Charlie and Wyrick have tracked down the cult and are working with the FBI, but things don't work out quite as well as hoped with their partnership (read the story to learn more). Jordan is dealing with her kidnappers in a unique way especially considering she's a young girl and far from home. Both Jordan and Wyrick are intelligent and strong females that don't take any guff from anyone especially males. Basically, they don't conform to the notion of the weak female and this causes a lot of problems for both of these ladies in expected and unexpected ways. There's a lot of action in Second Sight and some of it is by behind-the-scenes players. There are obviously bad guys, the psychics kidnapping and marrying "child brides," but there are also really bad guys. Jordan, Wyrick, and Charlie are the good guys and they're all definitely ready to fight. Yes, there's a lot more going on in this story and no, I'm not going to tell you about everything, read the book! I found Second Sight to be a riveting read and even though I was dealing with a migraine and some vision issues that slowed down my reading, I read this book in one day. I highly recommend this book and series to all readers of romance and romantic-suspense and am looking forward to finding out what's next for Wyrick and Charlie. (If you can't tell, I really like and admire Wyrick. She's part Lizbeth Salander, part Wonder Woman, part Captain Marvel, and part Marie Curie with a lot more facets all rolled into one. Okay, I also like Charlie as well as the dynamic between the two.) Now, go grab a copy of The Missing Piece if you haven't already read it and add Second Sight to your TBR list.

Happy Reading!

This review originally posted at https://www.thebookdivasreads.com/2020/01/2020-book-23-second-sight-by-sharon-sa... on 01/19/2020 ( )
  BookDivasReads | Jan 19, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,280,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible