The Marlow Murder Club: A Novel by Robert…

The Marlow Murder Club: A Novel (edition 2022)

by Robert Thorogood (Author)

"Judith Potts is seventy-seven years old and blissfully happy. She lives on her own in a faded mansion just outside Marlow, there's no man in her life to tell her what to do or how much whisky to drink, and to keep herself busy she sets crosswords for The Times newspaper. One evening, while out swimming in the Thames, Judith witnesses a brutal murder. The local police don't believe her story, so she decides to investigate for herself, and is soon joined in her quest by Suzie, a salt-of-the-earth dog-walker, and Becks, the prim and proper wife of the local vicar. Together, they are the Marlow Murder Club. When another body turns up, they realize they have a real-life serial killer on their hands. And the puzzle they set out to solve has become a trap from which they might never escape... "I love Robert Thorogood's writing." -Peter James, international bestselling author"--… (more)
Member:elizabethfariello
Title:The Marlow Murder Club: A Novel
Authors:Robert Thorogood (Author)
Info:Poisoned Pen Press (2022), 354 pages

Work Information

The Marlow Murder Club by Robert Thorogood

English (42)  German (1)  All languages (43)
Fun, but easy to figure out. Characters aren't as interesting as Thursday Murder Club. ( )
  AerialObrien | Jun 16, 2024 |
A group of women in a small British village solve murders. ( )
  DrApple | Jun 15, 2024 |
Suffice it to say, that all the way through the reading of this novel, I thought that I had somehow read it before, but I never checked if I had, until I came to write this review, and then I discovered that I actually had. My earlier review is here.

Anyway. it seems that I have enjoyed it a little more this time around.

And did I find it derivative of THE THURSDAY MURDER CLUB, a question that seems to worry many readers, afraid of wasting their time if they take the plunge? The answer to that is No. Similar in plot lines but not derivative. It stands well on its own. ( )
  smik | May 13, 2024 |
Delightful rag tag group of women solve the crime! ( )
  sammimag | Apr 22, 2024 |
Something of a Cosy, but with a nice twisty plot and a collection of strong female characters to recommend it. Plus a dog ( no, it doesn’t die) ( )
  cspiwak | Mar 6, 2024 |

Belongs to Series

For Katie B
Mrs Judith Potts was seventy-seven years old and entirely happy with her life.

From the creator of BBC's Death in Paradise series comes a wholly original new mystery

Judith Potts is seventy-seven years old and blissfully happy. She lives just outside Marlow with no man in her life to tell her what to do and she keeps herself busy setting crosswords for the newspaper. But Judith's peace is disrupted when she witnesses a murder while out for a swim in the Thames.

The local police don't believe her story, so she investigates for herself, joined by a salt-of-the-earth dog-walker and the prim and proper wife of the local vicar. Together, they are the Marlow Murder Club. When another body turns up, they realize the puzzle they set out to solve might be a real-life serial killer's deadly trap.
3 crimes, 3 amies,
Sur les bords de la Tamise,
Cherchez l'aviron
(Tiercelin)

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,208,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible