Koyn (Royal Bastards MC)

by K Webster

722,005,474 (4)None

Not her best work. It fell apart about 50% in. The hero kept going hot and cold so much that I got whiplash. Also, I couldn't get over some of the "eww" factors that has nothing to do with rape or incest and everything to do with hygeine and woman's health. You will know what it is when you read it.

Also, I am wondering what K Webster has been watching or reading lately to inspire the over the top torture she has in the end.

I was totally into the book until that "ewww" scene, then when the back and forth with no character development started in I kind of started skimming.

Many would say that this was her "darkest" book because of the themes, but they really didn't settle in me as much as some of her other books did. I think if she collaborated with Ker Dukey on this book it would have been much better. It was just not good enough. I still love her, but her recent books have been not up to par.

On the plus side, I have a new recipe for fruit fluff to try. ( )
  Rellwood74 | Feb 18, 2021 |
This is K Webster's entry into the Royal Bastard's MC shared world, and wow, is it dark and intense. It kept me right on the edge. I was kinda mad at Koyn, and I kinda loved that I was mad at him.

He's all about revenge, and I don't blame him, I would want revenge too, but that revenge makes him miss some things, and it makes him act a little... Well, I don't want to say out of character, but maybe not in his own best interest. I think that he just got so caught up that he missed things that were right there in front of his face.

I felt so bad for Hadley. You could tell that there were issues with her from the start, not that I knew what those issues were, but so many people had failed that poor girl over the years, and it showed. I do think that she was a lot stronger than she thought that she was, and that everyone else thought that she was, so there's that.

An awesome book with a male main character that I hated and loved and hated and loved doing both. ( )
  tetisheri | Aug 15, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,131,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible