Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner, Vol. 2) by…

Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner, Vol. 2) (original 1997; edition 1997)

by Lynn Flewelling

Seregil of Rhiminee and his companion, Alec of Kerry, attempt to save their land from an ancient evil, as Alec learns the shocking truth about his own shadowed heritage and he, Seregil, and a group of loyal companions are thrown into a deadly conflict with the ultimate evil.
Member:evareads
Title:Stalking Darkness (Nightrunner, Vol. 2)
Authors:Lynn Flewelling
Info:Spectra (1997), Paperback
Tags:fantasy, queer

Stalking Darkness by Lynn Flewelling (1997)

Recently added byrena75, private library, adegru, fantasymatt
    Scarlet and the White Wolf by Kirby Crow (graymaker)
    A Strong and Sudden Thaw by R. W. Day (Jenson_AKA_DL)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: Both very good fantasies with BL coming of age subplot.

English (29)  Dutch (1)  All languages (30)
I've just got to chapter 8 of this book, and I'm furious. Imagine a naive and starstruck 16 year old being drugged and then raped. Not very funny is it? That is of course, unless that 16yo is a boy, and he's being raped by a sexy older women. Then it's hilarious, and geewhiz, isn't he glad he finally got rid of that pesky virginity?? No. Fuck that shit, and fuck this book. ( )
  Fardo | Oct 15, 2019 |
this book slaughtered me and then revived me and then almost murdered me again, thanks lynn flewelling ( )
  PugPhD | Apr 27, 2018 |
agonizing about the romance between people with a huge power imbalance still doesn't make it ok.

stop romancing children.

thanks for not ending on a cliffhanger this time ( )
  ansate | Feb 19, 2018 |
Yay apparently there is such a thing as a duology in fantasy. This book perfectly ends the leftover plots from the last book with a satisfying ending.

The supposed gay romance element was still not a huge part of the book but it at least got a proper telling as well. Overall I'd say this book is well worth reading just to get some closure.

I think my favourite part though was that an unlikable character that was almost set up to be evil, got his redemption as well. Just because you are one awkward, rude dude doesn't mean you have to switch over to the baddie side. ( )
  newcastlee | Dec 30, 2017 |
I was so worried for the first third of this book that it was going to be like so many second installations of fantasy series; a let down. However, though it was slow to pick up, once it did, it never let up and I found myself turning page after page with anticipation, excitement, anger, sadness, and every emotion in between. This second book tore at my heart strings, and I found myself physically crying for the last few chapters. It has been a long time since a fantasy novel has truly tugged at my heart strings such as this one did.
When did I grow to care so much about the characters in this series that I would weep at some of their storylines? Flewelling did such an amazing job at writing these characters and building them and developing them, that it snuck up on me without warning.
There were so many great elements to the book that made it so successful in my eyes. Storylines came to a head, that I thought surely would carry on throughout more of the series, leaving me wondering what could be next! She introduced new characters as well, that fit perfectly into the mix and instantly had me loving them. Characters especially like Beka, who I hope plays a larger role in the story to come.
I am sad that I have waited so long to discover this series, but so grateful that I finally have, and cannot wait to see what Alec and Seregil find themselves doing in volumes to come! I can say with certainty that Seregil and Alec are two of my favorite fantasy protagonists of all time, especially Alec, who for some reason I just really love as a character. Flewelling is masterful at what she does. ( )
  Kiddboyblue | Sep 19, 2017 |
added by gsc55 | editRainbow Gold Reviews (Nov 6, 2014)

For my sons Matthew and Timothy, who laugh at the same goofy things I do. You're the best, guys.
The lean ship smashed through foaming crests, pounding southwest out of Keston toward Skala.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,803,347 books! | Top bar: Always visible