Hadley Beckett's Next Dish

by Bethany Turner

“Hadley Beckett's Next Dish” was an unexpected and well received Christian romance novel that took me by surprise with the character development, heavily culinary focus plot that is typically pushed aside to focus on the romance aspect in other culinary romances and the thoroughly researched behind the scenes food industry details the author included that made the reader feel like they were right there alongside Hadley and Max on Renowned.

This was far more impressive than I initially thought it would be. It was a charming and riveting read filled with second chances, forgiveness, romance, humor, friendship and of course mouthwatering food! The believable characters and gripping storyline made this an instant page turner and a must read for 2020.

ayoshina | Oct 2, 2020 |
This was a super cute rom com. It is laugh out loud funny. This is the first book I have ever read by Bethany Turner, but it will definitely not be the last! ( )
  Melissa_O | Jun 29, 2020 |
This story was a fun, unique setting in the culinary, television network world. I liked how the author pitted the two main characters against each other in the beginning. It seemed like there was no way they could ever be around each other let alone work together. The characters definitely had a lot of banter back and forth, and some of this banter had me holding back laughter. The author definitely has a great sense of humor. The characters each showed some growth throughout the story; although, Max definitely had more room for growing than Hadley. I thought this story read like a good clean romance from the Hallmark Channel... not cheesy, but a fun romantic comedy.
I was surprised that there was only one reference to Jesus in the whole book. So for being a Christian fiction novel, there really wasn't all that much in this book about faith. There is a theme of forgiveness, but the author doesn't come right out and connect it to Hadley's faith. The reader is left wondering if Hadley is a Christian and where does Max stand? Max went to rehab and quotes his counselor, Buzz, but I wish Max would of had a heart change because of seeing his need for Jesus.

So while I wish there would of been more of a connection to Jesus with Max's turn-around, the story was still enjoyable to read.

***I received this complimentary book from Revell. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions are my own.
  MandaT | May 26, 2020 |
This is a new to me author and I enjoyed the book. Being from the South myself I could relate to Hadley and her southern charms and ways and I can envisions what it was like for her to have to work with Max.
Both Max and Hadley have to work together on a TV show as Max is trying for a new start and they both have to learn to work together and make their different ways mesh. I was funny to see how they clashed at times and how they figured things out.
I received a copy of the book, the review is mine. ( )
  polarmath | May 26, 2020 |
I don’t normally like to read a book that is mainly a romance but I am so glad that I read this one. This book made me really laugh. I even had a few tears. I loved Hadley and Max and how they worked out their troubles. They seem to dislike each other in the beginning and then they just work so well together. I did not want to put this book down. I loved seeing how some of these cooking shows might really be run. I received a copy of this book from Revell for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | May 25, 2020 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Bethany Turner's book Hadley Beckett's Next Dish was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Bethany Turner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,678,818 books! | Top bar: Always visible