Her Dying Wish by Karen Hamilton

Her Dying Wish (edition 2020)

by Karen Hamilton (Author)

606345,961 (3)None
Member:CCJones72
Title:Her Dying Wish
Authors:Karen Hamilton (Author)
Info:Wildfire (2020), 352 pages

The Last Wife by Karen Hamilton

This book was missing something for me. The story started out strong but fizzled out quickly. The secrets Nina was hiding kept being alluded to but not much happens until the end of the book. Pacing was very slow, so I couldn’t believe how much was left when I got almost halfway through.

Thanks to the publisher for a free copy in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  JaxlynLeigh | May 15, 2021 |
Somehow the British author did not portray depth in the writing. I could almost detect a Brit inflection in the writing. The plot was good, but the story line rambled on too long for me. ( )
  LivelyLady | Dec 5, 2020 |
I am having trouble describing how I feel about this book. I expected a thriller, but it really isn’t a thriller, it is more of a drama with an obsessive character. Marie wants her friend Nina’s life. She is jealous of Nina’s family, her home, and her friends. This jealousy/obsession costs her a relationship with Ben. After name is death, Marie takes a more active role as the caregiver in Nina‘s family. She becomes very close with Stuart, Nina‘s husband. People warn Marie not to get too close, and to set some boundaries, but Marie doesn’t listen. Marie and Nina had been friends since childhood, and Nina was there when Marie lost her first boyfriend Charlie.Now Marie wants to understand what happened to Charlie. Someone knows the truth, and Marie is determined to find out what really happened years ago.
This is a twisted drama, but I never really felt interested in the characters, and I was a bit disappointed in the story.
#TheLastWife #KarenHamilton ( )
  rmarcin | Jul 26, 2020 |
Would you be able to carry out a dying friend’s wish to be sure to protect her family?

Marie takes Nina’s request to heart and perhaps to an extreme.

Marie moved into Nina’s home to get closer to Stuart, Nina’s husband, and assume care of the children.

Marie also found out some things that a best friend like Nina should definitely have told her and didn’t.

Then a mutual friend from many years ago appears on the scene and still rubs Marie the wrong way. Marie doesn't know what Camille is up to in all of this.

The more Marie finds out about Nina, the more she is determined to find out who Nina really was, what Nina really thought of her, and why she really asked Nina to make that promise.

We could ask Marie the same questions and add a question about what she is up to now and was up to with her past relationship with Nina.

THE LAST WIFE has a tense, sinister undertone which makes it so good.

It will keep you on your toes because of the characters with questionable traits, secrets, and long-held lies.

THE LAST WIFE is for readers who like not knowing who to trust or who to believe and a story line that will keep you guessing and wondering how it will all turn out. 5/5

This book was given to me by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  SilversReviews | Jul 13, 2020 |
For my family
Clients trust me because I blend in.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,461,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible