Kender, Gully Dwarves, and Gnomes

by Margaret Weis (Editor), Tracy Hickman (Editor)

Other authors: Harold Bakst (Contributor), Nancy Varian Berberick (Contributor), Richard A. Knaak (Contributor), Nick O'Donohoe (Contributor), Danny Peary (Contributor)4 more, Barbara Siegel (Contributor), Scott Siegel (Contributor), Morris Simon (Contributor), Michael Williams (Contributor)

Series: Dragonlance Tales (2), Dragonlance: Tales I (2), Dragonlance - chronological {shared universe} ((Tales I anthology) 381 AC)

This collection of nine tales about the minor races of Krynn--the lovable, mischievous, and brave sidekicks of the Dragonlance heroes--also includes a novella by the editors. Reprint.

Part 2 of the Tales series. This one was better than Magic Of Krynn, I found more stories fun or entertaining. These are of course light, in-between stories. Some, as I saw it, even with lessons to be used in real life (e.g. never think revenge is a solution - "A Shaggy Dog's Tail"; a lesson about truth, integrity, values - "Definitions Of Honor"). The novella "Wanna Bet" was nice, though Dougan did annoy the hell out of me at some point. But it got a nice twist later on. Here too, a lesson in being cautious and aware of deception. The last two stories I didn't quite like. Sure, Michael Williams is the poet of DL, but his gnome story was annoying to read, the way it was written. The dagger story was mediocre. ( )
  TechThing | Jan 22, 2021 |
I was never a reader of epic fantasy... and then I discovered the Dragonlance books and never looked back. ( )
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
  TechThing | Oct 2, 2013 |
Another series of short stories involving the world of Krynn, of which I have many of the series. A perfectly fine stand alone series, the stories are full of humor and adventure. The story Hearth Cat and Winter Wren is my favorite from this selection. Exploring the lives of adventurers as they are turned into animals while trying to save people from an evil wizard.

4/5 ( )
  jasmyn9 | May 1, 2010 |
This second book of the Dragonlance Tales series has some good stories and some awful stories. Not quite as good as the first book because of the awful stories are really bad and I skipped over those as quickly as I could. The good stories leave you wanting more Dragonlance, so I will be reading the 3rd tales book. More comedic than anything, check out the story of Lord Toede and also the story with the Majere brothers. ( )
  Wiszard | Feb 21, 2009 |

Simon, MorrisContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Williams, MichaelContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Elmore, LarryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fabian, SteveInterior artsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
"Tas? Tasslehoff Burrfoot!"we shout sternly, peering down the road.
Foreword
Tanis let the hinged lid of the wood bin fall.
Snowsong
Nugold Lobston shook a gnarled fist at his youthful tormentors.
The Wizard's Spectacles
Spinner Kenro, you're under arrest!" announced the dragonarmy officer, the point of his blade at my throat.
The Storyteller
Word spread like wildfire that Tasslehoff Burrfoot was in Spritzbriar.
A Shaggy Dog's Tail
The German version of Kender, Gully Dwarves and Gnomes is in two volumes: Die Jagd des Toede and Der Zauber des Palin. Please do not combine these.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,896,867 books! | Top bar: Always visible