Big Little Spies (A Paws & Claws Mystery) by…

Big Little Spies (A Paws & Claws Mystery) (edition 2021)

by Krista Davis (Author)

1031,473,368 (4.25)None
Member:Kris_Anderson
Title:Big Little Spies (A Paws & Claws Mystery)
Authors:Krista Davis (Author)
Info:Berkley (2021), 304 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Krista Davis, cozy mystery, paws & claws

Big Little Spies by Krista Davis

Big Little Spies by Krista Davis is the 7th A Paws & Claws Mystery. I love visiting Wagtail in each delightful tale. While Big Little Spies could be read on its own, I recommend reading this charming series in order. Holly, Liesel, Rose, Holmes, and the other residents of Wagtail are wonderful characters. They are developed characters who are friendly and relatable. I love all the cats and dogs. They run around playing, snooping, getting into mischief as well as helping find a clue now and then. Wagtail is a special town. I would love to live in this pet-friendly place. The mystery is well done. It is clever and fun to follow (and solve). There is plenty of action to keep things lively. I enjoy following Holly and Trixie as they ask questions and dig up clues. There are some great twists and turns in this whodunit. There is a good wrap up at the end. I wish all cozy mysteries were as well done as this one. There are some recipes at the end of the book for humans and canines. I am going to try the canine recipes (I think my fur babies will love them). I also learned to check the ingredients on my peanut butter before giving it to my dog. This is one of those books that you cannot wait to see how it ends, but you also do not want it do end. I was sad to leave Wagtail, and I cannot wait for my next visit. Big Little Spies is a captivating whodunit with a dead detective, a beastly bash, a misplaced pooch, a startling romance, a clever canine, and a crazed killer. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Apr 8, 2021 |
Big Little Spies is the seventh book in the Paws And Claws Mystery series by Krista Davis.

Holly Miller and her Oma are busy getting their Sugar Maple Inn ready to welcome Wagtail Animal Guardians(WAG) members, who are having their There’s No Place Like Home Pet Adoption Ball.

Holly and Trixie, her rescue dog, are enjoying meeting with their guests and their pets when she gets a phone call from her boyfriend’s grandmother, Rose, asking her to come to Judge Barlow’s home. Holly thinks that there has been some word on Barlow’s missing German Shepherd, Fritz. Holly knew that Barlow’s housekeeper, Miss Dovie, had hired a pet detective, Seth Bertenshaw, to look for Fritz. But instead, Rose and Barlow feel that listening devices have been placed in the judge’s home.

A day or two later, while at a shed fire at Miss Dovie’s, Holly notices that Trixie is missing. Soon she hears her bark and fears what that bark might mean. She soon finds not only Trixie but also Fritz. Trixie and Fritz are standing guard over the body of the pet detective. Before long, a guest dies when someone switches her medicines, and another lady is sent to the hospital in serious condition possibly caused by poisoning. It’s time for Holly and Trixie to get down to business and find out what is going on in Wagtail before there are any more deaths.
It’s always great to visit with Trixie, the pets, and the wonderful residents. I would love to live in a community like Wagtail, where the dogs and cats can go wherever their humans go. The story is well-written and plotted. The characters are well-developed and believable,

Delicious recipes, both for humans and pets, are included in the book.

I will be looking for the next book in this exciting series. ( )
  FredYoder | Apr 5, 2021 |
amateur-sleuth, pets, cozy-mystery, murder-investigation, animal-welfare, animals, family-dynamics, friendship, situational-humor****
I have to admit to feeling behind it because I hadn't read any of the previous series books. That did not mean that I didn't enjoy it! Fascinating characters and creative sleuthing by humans and intriguing pets alike. Good read for a chilly afternoon.
I requested and received a free ebook copy from Berkley Publishing Group via NetGalley. Thank you! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Nov 12, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Krista Davis is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 156,990,114 books! | Top bar: Always visible