The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea

by Kerrelyn Sparks

The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea is the final book in The Embraced series by Kerrelyn Sparks. This one features the youngest sister, Maeve and our spy, Brody. This is a bittersweet end for me, but what a sweet and mystical journey it has been.

I’ve loved almost all the books in The Embraced series. They have captured me with their magic and exploits. I have to point out the cover for The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea. I love it! It’s perfect for Maeve’s book. I’m also thrilled to finally be getting Brody’s story. Ever since book one I’ve wanted to know more about the spy who can only be human two hours a day.

Sparks weaves another magical tail completing the overall arc and bringing peace to the realms. We are treated too many surprises along the way; especially the one about who Brody is and who Maeve’s parents are. I loved learning about both these characters and what happened to them and who they truly are. I would tell, but that will ruin the revelations and adventure. All I can say is many things come to light and you won’t be disappointed.

Maeve and Brody’s romance is sweet and adorable. He’s been avoiding her except for one night a month when Maeve must turn into a seal. Now that things are coming to a head with the Chameleon and The Circle of Five these two find themselves together and putting all the cards on the table. No more hiding from the past or each other.

The overall arc runs throughout the series and is completed here. We learn who the last two in The Circle of Five are and we learn who the Chameleon is. We also learning about the evil Embraced army and it will blow your mind that they aren’t what we have been lead to believe.

All of our favorite characters throughout the series come together to finish the war that has been coming and end The Circle of Five. We see them work together and what happens at the end will have your emotions singing. We also meet a few new characters and a sweet side romance besides the main couple; Maeve and Brody.

The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea weaves a sirens song. It’s entertaining, funny, romantic, a little sad, but most of all it’s a beautiful end to a magical series.

**Note: You need to read the series in order.
Book 1: How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days
Book 2: So I Married a Sorcerer
Book 3: Eight Simple Rules for Dating a Dragon
Book 4: How to Love Your Elf
Book 5: The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea

Rated: 4.5 Stars

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
I enjoyed this book quite a bit. I have enjoyed this series from the very beginning and I was really excited to finally read Brody's story. This is the final book in the series and I would recommend reading the series in order if at all possible. It was really easy to slip back into this world and fun to check in with some much-loved characters. I am so glad that I was finally able to work this book into my schedule.

Each book in this series focuses on a different couple and Maeve and Brody take the stage in this installment. Maeve is the youngest of her adopted sisters and she is feeling a bit left out since her sisters are all married and queens of their own realm. Maeve is a selkie and feels a special connection to Brody, who has the ability to change into any animal but can only hold his true form for 2 hours per day. Since she hasn't seen Brody for a while, she sets off to find him and ends up having quite the adventure.

I really liked Maeve and Brody as a couple. They have a lot of challenges to overcome in order to be together but they are both determined to make it work. It was obvious that they really did care for each other and I thought that the chemistry between them was very well done. I liked that they were both facing their own personal challenges. Maeve learns a lot about where she came from and there are a lot of revelations revealed about Brody's past.

I thought that the climax of the story was very well done. It was nice to see how everything finally worked out for all of the characters in the series. There were quite a few surprises along the way and I had a lot of fun seeing all of the key players work together to fight for what they believed in. There were plenty of exciting scenes to keep things interesting throughout the story. I really appreciated the fact that we got to see a secondary romance in this book as well.

I would recommend this series to others. I had a lot of fun with this paranormal romance filled with great characters and plenty of excitement. I will definitely be read more of this talented author's work in the future.

I received a digital review copy of this book from Kensington Books via NetGalley. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Nov 16, 2020 |
The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea by Kerrelyn Sparks

The 5th and final book in the Embraced series. Sweeping Fantasy romance. You definitely want to read the other books first to avoid spoilers.

Maeve is the youngest of the girls raised on the Isle of Mist. Her four adopted sisters are all Queens of their respective lands (which we found out in each of the prior 4 books) and married to their predicted loves. Maeve is feeling a bit at loose ends. With her sisters busy with children and duties, Maeve just wants to find Brody. He’s been missing for months. She is worried and a bit lonely. Could he be in trouble or is he avoiding her because of his curse?

Loved this fantasy series and a bit sad to see it end. This was a fantastic wrap up with a bonus secondary romance and most of the characters from the prior stories making cameos. A few happy tears at the end. So good. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | Aug 19, 2020 |
4.25/5 stars!

In this magical world created by Kerrelyn Sparks, it finally comes to the confrontation between good and evil. The heroine finally gets to shine in her own book, having a pivotal role in this battle, with the aid of her hero and other characters from previous books of this series. Meanwhile, readers get to learn more of the hero and some new characters introduced in this book. Of course, the book also focused on the couple and how their relationship evolved from friends to lovers.

This book features a wonderful set of characters and a world filled with magic and mythical beings. The story flowed quite well, though it would have been better if more details were given to small parts of the book. Previous books of the series should be read before this book to get a clear image of this world and characters. Overall, this is a wonderful Kerrelyn Sparks book and series.

*Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the review copy.* ( )
  DilowRosas | Jul 21, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,364,334 books! | Top bar: Always visible