Legendborn by Tracy Deonn

Legendborn (edition 2020)

by Tracy Deonn (Author)

Series: Legendborn (1)

"To discover the truth behind her mother's mysterious death, a teen girl infiltrates a magical secret society claiming to be the descendants of King Arthur and his knights"--
Member:KimberleyFisher
Title:Legendborn
Authors:Tracy Deonn (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster Children's UK (2020), 512 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Work Information

Legendborn by Tracy Deonn

Exceptional. Regretting that I didn't wait until the sequel was released before reading. Stupid anticipation. ( )
  fionaanne | Nov 11, 2021 |
It took me a bit to get into this book, I definitely put it down several times before I really got hooked but once I did I loved it. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
Everything old is new again. Yes, I groaned a bit when the King Arthur aspect was introduced, and when there were two hot guys one clearly trouble's child and one ever so nice and perfect, but Bree is interesting in herself, her conflicts and strategies and the magic systems are not unambiguous or simple minded. The pacing could have been smoother and perhaps sharper, but at least a lot happens along the length and this is one new series I will look forward to continuing. ( )
  quondame | Sep 18, 2021 |

Dear God, King Arthur and the Round Table turn up in Chapel Hill as university students. I'm sorry, I know the writer was also saying important things about race and class, but I can't get past the silliness of importing a very specifically English/Welsh legend to North Carolina. Did not finish. ( )
  nwhyte | Aug 27, 2021 |
Super engaging Arthurian fantasy! Author did a ton of research about the legends and history she's drawing from. Ending is a total cliffhanger, though, which always frustrates me (and my students)!

Read-alikes: Legend, Raven Cycle, etc. ( )
  SamMusher | Jul 16, 2021 |

Tracy Deonnprimary authorall editionscalculated
Abbott-Pratt, JonieceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Eckes, LauraCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Wilson, HillaryCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

For my mother
The police officer's body goes blurry, then sharpens again.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,415,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible