None Shall Sleep

Title:None Shall Sleep
Authors:
Info:

None Shall Sleep by Ellie Marney

Wow! I picked this book after DNF-ing a really boring book. I wanted to be entertained, shocked, and immersed in a story. None Shall Sleep definitely delivered on that, and I was not sleeping at all after reading this! The audiobook from Audible is amazing. I highly recommend this audiobook for anyone looking to start listening to audiobooks (I like to listen at a speed of 1.6x-2.0x depending on the story). The voice acting was superb, each narrator really becoming these characters with not only their delivery of the dialogue but with believable appropriate emotion and action for each line. It felt like a very well directed mini-series on tv. The author didn't waste space with unnecessary dialogue. Everything was succinct and thoughtfully moving the story forward. Definitely worth reading and a highly entertaining thriller/crime novel. If you enjoy murder mystery, real crime shows/podcasts, then this is the book for you. ( )
  holdenkillfield | Jun 16, 2021 |
Well, this was a gory, dark thriller that had me reading way past my bedtime on a couple of nights. I was mesmerised from the first page and the author had my attention to the last; the pacing and tension were excellent. While Emma and Travis were likeable characters, it was Simon who I found the most interesting. Should I be concerned that my favourite character was a psychopath? His charm, intelligence and his devotion to his twin sister made him fascinating. The Butcher, on the other hand, totally creeped me out. What he did to his victims was horrific!

As for the ending, it was nail-biting and I was on the edge of my seat. The way "None Shall Sleep" finished made me feel as though there could be another book starring Emma and Travis. I hope so because this book was fabulous. However, "None Shall Sleep" is not for the faint hearted as the killings are brutal and quite disturbing. A great read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | May 26, 2021 |
This was superb!
I read this in two sittings, it would have been one if I didn't need some sleep and go to work in between 🤣. The plottwists kept surprising me and I really loved the grand finale!
This book is supposed to be YA, but the story and the characters are really mature. I do believe anyone between 16 and 99 can enjoy this story.
This was a really really good book and I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good mystery, serial killer thrillers, Criminal Minds, Mindhunters... ( )
  OphelieDepoortere | Nov 3, 2020 |
This book filled the craving I've had in my head ever since I watched the Mindhunter series on Netflix. This book was haunting and terrifyingly chilling. The conversations Emma had with Guntmusson had me thinking for days after I read this novel about the nature of human beings, and why some of us do such cruel things. On a lighter note, I loved how the relationship between Emma and Travis stayed platonic. Their connection and support for each other was beautiful. ( )
1 vote EmilyScaff | Sep 29, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,344,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible