Door of Bruises (Thornchapel, #4)

by Sierra Simone

Series: Thornchapel (4)

Twelve years ago, our fates were sealed with a kiss. We are all, for better or worse, doomed to love each other until death do us part. My heart belongs to Proserpina and St. Sebastian-even if he no longer wants it. Even if she has left it behind to follow him. Delphine's fled back home, and Becket's holy calling is in peril. And now only Rebecca and I remain at Thornchapel to face the unknown. The door is open. The door that shouldn't exist; the door that people have died to close. I don't feel like the lord of the manor. I don't feel like a king or a wild god. I am a friend and a boyfriend and a brother-and a failure at being all of these things. But the door doesn't care about my guilt. It only cares about the sacrifice I'll make to close it. As the bruising dark of Samhain approaches, so does the fate of our circle, of Thornchapel and the village and the valley beyond it. And I must don the crown, because one thing is still true, even if I must face it alone. Here at Thornchapel, the kings must go to the door. Here at Thornchapel, all kings must die.… (more)

4.5 stars

This final volume was fantastic. It was everything I hoped for and more. I’m not sure what my friend Jan will have to say about some of the plot twists (can’t wait to read her thoughts, though!), but personally, I loved the supernatural turn this series took in book 3 (and in book 2, if you looked closely enough ( )
  claudiereads | Nov 25, 2022 |
i’m deeply saddened that i’ve finished this series. it’ll definitely be on my mind for a while ( )
  beethovensfruit | Nov 16, 2022 |
4.5 Stars

I liked it better than #3.
Loved the mystery of The Door. Thornchapel. All of it.
Great steamy Adult sex scenes.

What keeps me from giving a full 5 stars is I needed more in a few areas. I didn't feel like we got all the answers. I also needed more about Becket at the end. I desperately needed that, so I'm pouting and showing that through my rating.

All and all, this was a Fantastic series.

While I liked and was intrigued by Ms. [a:Sierra Simone|7369992|Sierra Simone|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1547613931p2/7369992.jpg] before, this series has made me fall 'In Love' with her writing!
I can't wait to get my greedy little hands on more of her stories!
I plan on Devouring Everything she has out there!

Go ahead, call me STALKER
You will be correct!
  bodebeabay | Sep 25, 2022 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,374,774 books! | Top bar: Always visible