dismiss

Broken (Deep Ops Book 3) by Rebecca Zanetti

Broken (Deep Ops Book 3) (edition 2020)

by Rebecca Zanetti (Author)

Series: Deep Ops (3)

1031,384,609 (4.5)None
Member:Madison_Fairbanks
Title:Broken (Deep Ops Book 3)
Authors:Rebecca Zanetti (Author)
Info:Zebra Books (2020), 384 pages
Collections:Read
Rating:*****

Deep Ops #3

Lighter in some ways than the previous books this story still had plenty going on. Wolfe has been intriguing throughout the series with the kitten named Kat in his pocket that he takes with him everywhere. He has been strong and somewhat silent while providing super sweet coffee beverages with shipped cream and sprinkles. I was eager to read his story and hear who he would end up with. That said, though I enjoyed the story it was not my favorite of this series. I think the reason was that I didn’t feel the same depth to the story as I felt in the previous books.

What I liked:
* Wolfe: a giant of a man with lethal skills, a TBI to contend with, much loss in his life and a man who genuinely cares for his friends and team.
* Dana: dedicated to her job she will do just about anything for her job, as we saw in the first chapter. She assists the Deep Ops team from time to time, is trying to find out what happened to a friend/colleague and has definite interest in Wolfe.
* The team: a great collection of misfits that find their niche together
* The relationship that develops between Wolfe and Dana
* Dana’s family and the way they give a sense of what family and sisterhood is.
* That the bad guy was thwarted

What I did not like:
* The bad guy: truly evil and needed to be put down
* Being left to wonder what the story is with Lassiter BUT know that is the thread that hooks the team together in the end…or think it will.

Did I enjoy this book? Yes
Would I read more in this series? Yes

Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Zebra for the ARC – This is my honest review.

4 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | May 29, 2020 |
Broken by Rebecca Zanetti
3rd book in the Deep Ops series. Romantic suspense. Can be read as a stand-alone. But don’t miss the full series.

Intense and captivating. Gripping and suspenseful. Sexy hot and emotionally satisfying. An amazing read with a mischievous dog that will cause laughter and gasps.
This author writes great depth into the characters and storylines.
The hero is strong and motivated with a soft heart.
I can’t wait to read the next in the series.

Excerpt:
“It’s not the nineteen hundreds.”
One of his dark eyebrows rose. “Dana, I’m the muscle for the Deep Ops Unit because I’m good at it. It’s my job to protect and defend and diffuse. You’re nuts if you think I wouldn’t protect my woman with everything I have, especially my life.”
His woman. She shook her head, even though her heart rate seemed to be perking up considerably, and not from irritation. “I think you’re behind the times here.”
“Maybe,” he allowed. “But it’s a dangerous world, and you and I know that better than most. In this world, we give ourselves to the people we care about, and with that comes responsibilities. I’m all for independence, equal pay, and all of that, but a man’s job is to protect women and children, and that reality transcends any time.” Kat took that moment to jump from the back seat and land on Wolfe’s shoulder. “Animals and the elderly should be protected, too,” Wolfe added, opening his door and somehow jumping out without dislodging the kitten.
“How does somebody argue with that?” she muttered as she exited the truck without waiting for him to open her door.
He shrugged. “Why would you argue? However, if you someday end up with a guy who doesn’t agree with that sentiment, you’ve ended up with the wrong guy.”
“Like you care who I end up with,” she said, stepping lightly over a puddle.
“Well, I’d hate to have to kill him for not protecting you.” Wolfe patted the kitten, slowing his stride to match Dana’s. It was sometimes difficult to tell if Wolfe was joking or not.
“Discussions like these throw me off kilter,” she said.
Excerpt from Broken by Rebecca Zanetti

I received a copy of this from NetGalley. I also purchased a copy to share. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | May 22, 2020 |
This is still a fairly new author to me, no this is not the first book of hers that I have read but I am still getting accustomed to her. I liked the banter and pushing and pulling between wolfe and Dana what did bum me out was that this is a series, and while I wasn't lost I felt that I was missing the easy commorodary of this cast. But what I did enjoy beside the danger and suspense was that we had some humor which to me helped with the danger.. Am on planning on catching up..

rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) voluntarily reviewed with my own thoughts and opinions. ( )
  Pelusa41 | Apr 13, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,526,875 books! | Top bar: Always visible