Before the Call (Small Town Hearts, #2) by…

Before the Call (Small Town Hearts, #2) (edition 2020)

by Emma Alcott

Series: Small Town Hearts (2)

941,624,025 (4)None
Member:Stephan24
Title:Before the Call (Small Town Hearts, #2)
Authors:Emma Alcott
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 318 pages
Tags:m-m-romance, teacher

Before the Call: A Small Town Hearts Novel by Emma Alcott

Enjoyable reunited friends to lovers story.
This had an adorable character in Clark, a high school dropout who had to take on the role of Dad to all his brothers and sisters when his dad died. When his high school best friend returns to teach at the local school, Clark realises his feelings for Gabe are more than just best friends.
Added to their romance is an issue with Clark's brother Devon (trigger warnings for this at the end of the review)
Gabe was a positive addition to the school and help with Devon's issue. However his internal voice was exhausting.
Similarly to the first book in this series, I found the sex became to much once they started. Considering how often they were around young children they didn't mind sneaking off for aex in the living room or the back of the truck. Clark didn't consider himself gay but took to the sex like a champ and the baby endearment was dropped all the time during sex which didn't fit with how they were the rest of the time.

Overall an enjoyable story, but if like me your tolerance is low you may want to skim the sex scenes.

TW: catfishing of a minor, grooming, attempted abduction. ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Jul 26, 2021 |
I was anticipating so much angst, but I was so glad that there really wasn’t any! Clark and Gabe were best friends, but then Gabe went away to college. Gabe has always had feelings for Clark; Clark was clueless and “straight” (eventually demi). They were so amazing together. There was very little doubt in their feelings and when Clark had his realization, he didn’t shy away from it. I loved their relationship. I also enjoyed the surrounding story of family. This was a great book.

I am voluntarily reviewing an ARC provided by LesCourt Author Services ( )
  ktomp17 | Mar 21, 2021 |
Enjoyable reunited friends to lovers story.

TW: catfishing of a minor, grooming, attempted abduction. ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Feb 24, 2021 |
This is a great friends to lovers story.

Gabe left town, madly in love with his best friend Clark. His straight best friend. But then Gabe ends up having to move him and right there's Clark. Not only is Clark right there, he is ready to be just as close a friend as he was before, and he needs the help that only Gabe can give.

I thought that Clark was ridiculously sweet. Totally oblivious and clueless, but incredibly sweet. He is a really good man. He cares for his family, deeply, and he's loyal to all his friends. He wants to do what he can to advance his life and to be able to take care of everyone he loves. Just a truly good, sweet man.

Gabe is a good man too. He's done what he can do to protect himself, which included leaving town so he could be more himself. It's really good that he does come back when he does, because there are so many people in town that need him. I really liked him a lot.

This was a fantastic story, and I would love to see more of these guys. ( )
  tetisheri | Aug 15, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,714,677 books! | Top bar: Always visible